Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rizzo
Beginner July 2011

The All Important 2nd Song

Rizzo, 20 of February of 2011 at 18:04 Posted on Planning 0 19

What are you having as your second song in the evening? If you're an OM, what did you have?

I can't decide whether to have something slow as couples will be on the dancefloor already from the first dance or whether to have a dance number to signal the beginning of the dancing!

19 replies

Latest activity by Wedding DJ, 1 of March of 2011 at 12:17
  • W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

I hadn't even thought about this... Mind if I tag along with the thread and see what people suggest?!

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

Be my guest!

• kirstycat
    Beginner April 2011
    kirstycat ·
    • Hide content

We're having a band so I think I'll leave it up to them - choosing the first one was hard enough!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

2nd song wasnt considered, once our first dance was done on cd the band kicked in with a few instrumentals just to tide over the meeting and greeting and then they played covers after that..

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

If left up to H2B - Roll Deep "Shake A Leg"!!!!

• N
    Beginner April 2011
    nat2683 ·
    • Hide content

We're having my parents first dance song, "You to me are everything" a slow song, as our second dance. Then the third song will be a fast one, prob Black Eyed Peas.

• T
    Beginner August 2012
    tinkissarah ·
    • Hide content

We're having Queen - You're my Best Friend for our 2nd song.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Our 2nd song is going to be Candy by Cameo. There is a dance routine that does with it and I know it will get everyone to the dancefloor

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

If you are inviting couples to join you during your first dance its often a good idea to have just one more slowie as some couples may have just got up. If you go straight into party after the first dance, the people that only get up to slowies won't have had much of a chance.... IYSWIM

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

Sex on Fire, Kings of leon - love this song and should get people on the dancefloor!x

• P
    Beginner April 2011
    perplexedgroom ·
    • Hide content

Thinking of "Do the Conga" :-)

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

We had Bruno mars - just the way you are. Thats one of the songs that reminds me of my wedding and it brightens up my day hearing on the radio

• Kadence
    Beginner September 2012
    Kadence ·
    • Hide content

Beyonce "halo" is beautiful! my big sister had it as her 2nd song last year, got everybody up as its current enough, but slow enough for the older guests to join in too x

• Pheonix
    Beginner August 2011
    Pheonix ·
    • Hide content

We're having the theme tune from true blood Bad Things - Jace Everett - both me and OH love this song - just hoping my folks aren't paying too close attention to the words though Smiley smile

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I want this too. Would have it as the first dance if it was a bit more appropriate Smiley winking

• Elphaba
    Beginner December 2011
    Elphaba ·
    • Hide content

We're having "Sway" as our second.. not sure about first yet - probably "A moment like this" by Kelly Clarkson/Leona Lewis or Always by Bon Jovi (my choice!). Going to try and get ushers/bridesmaids to do a semi-choreographed dance to sway as quite a few dancers in there!

• lolacp1
    Beginner July 2012
    lolacp1 ·
    • Hide content

We're having Florence and the Machine you've got the love as our first dance then the Wannadies you and me song

After that we're going into some traditional Jewish dancing on chairs then to some irish sing a longs before going onto some motown and rock and roll classics before having some good old fancy Ska (madness and the specials) then by the time my Nan and older relatives have gone probably some modern day stuff like Kings of Lion, the Killers and BEP

Im a really indie kids so its going to kills me not having loads of indie tunes but not sure my nan will appreicate dancing to Vampire Weekend and Ian Brown all night! x

• Wedding DJ
    Wedding DJ ·
    • Hide content

Beware of using 'big' party songs for your second song such as Sex On Fire or I Gotta Feeling - they can work but I would advise priming your best mates, bridesmaids etc to make sure they join you on the dance floor or they can fall embarrasingly flat.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics