Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

miss_winter14
Beginner February 2014

the aurora lights......

miss_winter14, 12 of September of 2015 at 10:22 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 2

Seeing as so many have the northern lights on their bucket list, i wondered; is it important to you that it's the borealis? must it be in the north, or would you be equally as swept away if you saw the aurora australis?

my daughter asked me one day and despite my adoration of the nordic countries (i'd move to finland tomorrow if i could), whether one is in the north or the south, the magnetic particles react in exactly the same way and i think i'd feel lucky to see the borealis OR the australis.

so how about yourselves? is the northern experience the appeal, or is it the aurora themselves?

2 replies

Latest activity by Jayne E, 12 of September of 2015 at 11:19
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

For me it's the aurora no matter where it is. Just north from here is easier and cheaper to get to. We did originally consider iceland briefly but I wanted the whole snow, huskies, snowmobiles and reindeer package that goes with it while I was at it. Hence Lapland fit my idea of it more. Not to mention it's where the real Santa lives! So Lapland it is in January. A wedding in Lapland seems more magical and romantic to me somehow than one in Iceland so I'm glad I insisted on the switch now.

If I don't see the lights then what? I will go back or hope for it on a trip to Iceland glacier walking. I NEED to see those lights first hand and will blub like a baby when I do lol.

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Aye but santa lives in rovaniemi; you're kittilä or levi aren't you? i may be wrong but i thought you were one of those destinations? you'll have to trip down if you're wanting to meet him Smiley winking hehe

and he's worth it- believe me ^_^

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Yes we are in Levi. Santa leaves Levi on the day we fly out. I may not to get to see him as we have so much arranged I don't know if we will have a spare day but at least I've been to his country lol. Next time I will go and say hello. I haven't even been yet and I already know I will want to go back again.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics