Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T

The best ceilidh band ever!

tartan dreamer, 13 of June of 2013 at 21:25 Posted on Planning 0 9

I would just like to take a moment to give an extremely well deserved mention to the Robert Nairn Ceilidh Band and tell a nearly unbelievable story. They are without doubt the best live wedding entertainment I have ever came across. They played at my daughter's wedding in Glasgow in February and provided a piper for during the day at a very reasonable price and really made the wedding for a lot of our guests from Scotland and England alike. Then in May I was amazed when I turned up at my cousin's son's wedding outside Birmingham to see that they had booked the Robert Nairn Ceilidh Band to play a ceilidh set for a break from the cover band. They had the whole crowd dancing on the floor for an hour solid! I then got an invite to the evening part of my best friend from school's wedding in Aberdeen at the end of last month and guess who the band where? The Robert Nairn Ceilidh Band! They had us all on the floor for every dance and then played a disco set before finishing off with Auld Lang Syne which ended another fantastic night. I would like to say thank you boys for three really great nights. I would recommend them to anyone and they have a website www.robertnairn.com. Once again thank you Robert Nairn Ceilidh Band.

9 replies

Latest activity by havecreditwillwed, 14 of June of 2013 at 20:17
  • *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I bet they are over the moon you popped by to tell us.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

...and a first post (and only post) too.....mmmmmm.....

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

I hope you're on commission

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

*shudder* agony bags.

The only reason I live on the South Coast is to be as far away from bagpipes as possible...

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

This is a tad suspicious. (Why do no mystery hitchers do this for me! lol)

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

It pains me to admit they do look really good...

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Give it time!! ?

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

Bet they couldn't have written this review better themselves!

• Forever Wedding Dance
    Rockstar September 2013
    Forever Wedding Dance ·
    • Hide content

As a listed supplier who plays by the rules and actually uses this forum as a bride too, I find this a little annoying... On a completely unrelated note, I feel the need to give a shout out to the Ceilidh band that we are having at our wedding - Craigievar. They're not so big on pushing themselves online but they were the ones featured in the film Four Weddings & a Funeral and I'm really looking forward to having them play for us ?

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

"Nearly unbelieveable" AKA totally unbelieveable! ;-)

We should just say that other ceilidh bands are available I have booked Licence to Ceilidh who I have seen play Burns night at the Hammersmith Town hall a few times and are wicked.

I have also been to a couple of weddings who has Ceilidh Minogue - also v good.

xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics