Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner May 2025 Norfolk

The best timings !! Help!! Xx

Terri, 25 of October of 2023 at 17:08 Posted on Planning 1 9
Hey guys!
I believe today i have found our wedding venue, wahoo!

My ceremony will start at 2pm, I have the place booked out until midnight.
I am stressing abit about the timings off how I should have everything, any ideas and tips would be grateful???? I can't decide the best time schedules. I am thinking of having a sit down buffet with the ceremony guests (roughly 45 people)
Evening guests maybe to come around 7pm, so what do I feed them? I have seen on the Internet people say buffet, but I'm already having a buffet or would that be okay if I get enough to go that far ?.. me and my partner are not a 3 course type couple. But I feel is this rude, or any ideas what I could do sintered would be great? Xxxx

9 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 18 of November of 2023 at 09:26
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Ceremony at 2 pm

Drinks mingling and photos from 2.30 until 4pm

Call to sit a t 4pm

45 people sit down Buffett with speeches 2 hours

6pm relax / chat

7pm eve guest arrive

7-8 mingle with eve guests.

8pm cut cake and first dance

9 pm evening buffet

9.30 crack on with the party.

The eve buffet will usually be different and simpler than the day buffet was.

• T
    Terri ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 😊 sounds good !! Xx
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

You could have a proper sit down fork buffet at about 4 / 4:30pm and then a simple finger buffet in the evening.

• T
    Terri ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey, this may sound like a stupid question aha, buy what's the difference in fork buffet and finger buffet? What foods go to which category? Never heard of this nefore lol thanks xx
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was told that a fork buffet is a sit down meal where you can have proper main meals and that a finger buffet is more like finger food. I'm currently organising a conference for work and I'm going to choose main meals like coq au vin and another meat option and vegetarian option plus sides. I think that finger buffet is lighter meal. For my evening buffet at the wedding, I bought things like sausage rolls, quiche and other snacks.

• D
    Curious August 2023 North West London
    Dee ·
    • Hide content
    I had my ceremony at 2.30 and finished at midnight. My day was:

2:30 pm ceremony3-5 confetti, photos, drinks and nibbles5pm dinner6:30pm speeches and cake cutting7pm party starts8pm evening food (we hired a kebab van and it was a huge hit)
  • E
    Curious July 2023 North Yorkshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content

I got married at 2.pm.

Service & signing register was done by 2.30/2.40. We had photos, mingling & canapes and sat down at 4. My now husband wanted a buffet but we opted for a sit down main & buffet dessert (it was the best decision as I was absolutely shattered & ready to sit down!)

We didn't have speeches just a quick thanks for coming! Finished eating and before dessert was served we cut the cake. By 6 all done. Evening guests arrived from 7 + evening food served around 8.30. We opted for chips, bacon & sausage buns, coleslaws etc which went down a treat! So many good comments,

Have a fabulous day ❣️

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Although every wedding is different mostly In my experience weddings will have a first dance around 8pm after eve guests arrive at 7pm.

Buffett/ food van between 8.30-9pm but around 1/2 hour to 1 hour after the first dance. The DJ usually turns things down a little during this time. Or if you are having a band they may play a first 3/4 to 1 hour set - then eve food.

Then 1/2 hour or so after the eve food then the DJ cranks it up and you party on.

Some very early weddings may have an earlier eve schedule.

Some later weddings may have to push the first dance to 8.30 with eve guests arriving at 8pm

I hardly ever see a cake cut at the traditional time any more i.e after the wedding breakfast but it is cut instead just before the first dance. The eve guests get to participate and if you have a DJ they can announce it and get a crowd and at the same time they are there for the first dance. So the cake and first dance are 5 mins apart, just enough time for the staff to take the cake away and cut it up.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics