Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

xoxoxo2017
Beginner May 2017

The box your engagement ring came in.

xoxoxo2017, 9 of July of 2014 at 20:22 Posted on Planning 0 22

What did you do with it?

I have a "Wedding Desk" in the spare room and I decided to use mine for a scented candle, gives some ambiance alongside my fairy lights and is quite relaxing when I sit here Smiley smile

22 replies

Latest activity by icklesal, 11 of July of 2014 at 08:31
  • Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

I still keep my ring in it when I'm not wearing it as I don't wear jewellery at night. Strangely it sits next to my jewellery box though haha

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

I kept it on a bedroom unit with my other little bits, woke up one morning to find our dog had eaten it in the night and only had shredded bits left! My new engagement ring came in a stupid 1cm by 4 cm nap box an apparently I left it in MILS car.

But xant say I'm really fussed about the box.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

My ring is vintage and didn't come in a box. But if it had I'd probably have thrown it away, I don't see any point in keeping them.

• xoxoxo2017
    Beginner May 2017
    xoxoxo2017 ·
    • Hide content

I just didn't want to throw it away as it meant something to a degree, I am a bit sentimental like that. Definitely a perfect way for me to utilize the box =)

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

I didn't get a box with mine :[

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content

Mines got my ring in as I've just had it re dipped but in 2 days when I get married the box will go back in the jewellery box.

• terri_cramp
    Beginner May 2015
    terri_cramp ·
    • Hide content

Such a sweet idea... I'm so gonna do this. X

• R
    Beginner May 2015
    RainbowBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

The box my ring actually originally came in I have no idea where it is. When my fiancé proposed he had the ring in a gorgeous box which he had made personally for me with some lovely words inside which he came up with himself and my name written in the top so when he opened it I could read the words inside Smiley smile

I keep it next to my bed as I store it in there for work and bed time

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

My ring box is in the glove box of OH car... Ended up in there after a row! Lol don't ask... I got the ring back but some how box has never made it back indoors.

• LoveIsEasy
    Beginner May 2015
    LoveIsEasy ·
    • Hide content

I'm not allowed to wear my ring for work :-( so my ring spends most of its time in the box it came in :-(

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Mine is in a drawer! I didn't want to throw it away but I have no use for it either.

• N
    Beginner June 2015
    nammy502 ·
    • Hide content

I have 2 boxes for my engagement ring...

The incredibly large, fancy one that it came in when H2B bought it (its the size of a watch box!!) and also a much smaller one thats just big enough for the ring that he bought so it would fit in his pocket.

Both are empty not being used, but I would never get rid of them.

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

In a drawer, in a bag, with the receipt. I have not attached any sentimental value to it.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

My box is on my dressing table, as I take it off for festivals and stuff so I dont lose it. Then I wear a crappy fake one so my finger doesnt feel naked :-)

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

It's chucked in a drawer along with several other jewellery boxes I seem to have collected. I take all my jewellery off at night and keep my engagement ring, OH's Mum's eternity ring that I wear, and a bracelet that OH got me all in a little pot by the bed.

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

Like a few others, mine is vintage and didn't have a ring box. OH's mum gave him a box that used to hold earrings (padded, floral material, a bit twee) to give it to me in, which I now use to hold a few other rings as it has no internal cushion so far too big for just one ring.

I am having my wedding ring made for me by a local jeweller, his boxes are very smart so both rings will probably live in there as and when I'm not wearing them.

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Nothing, I haven't got it, and not too sure what happened to it. My OH proposed at my birthday party so it no doubt ended up on a table and then in the bin. I asked him for it the day after and he didn't have it. He did say it was a good job I liked it and it fit me, ha! ?

(lovely idea for yours by the way)

• lc93
    Beginner September 2016
    lc93 ·
    • Hide content

H2B attached mine to a watch he'd bought me for my birthday so took it out the box. I've never even thought about what happened to the box, I expect it was thrown away or it'll still be in his bedside table somewhere. I guess it has no sentimental meaning to me because it wasn't part of the proposal.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Went in the bin. As did the box our wedding bands came in.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Mine came in a little wooden box n it lives on my bedside table n my ring goes in there at night and when I'm DIY-ing. Then I can't forget where it is, and our cat n crazy kitten can't eat it/play with it!

• Curlysuzie
    Beginner September 2014
    Curlysuzie ·
    • Hide content

I still have the original bag that the ring came in! My ER is currently in the box in the bag along with both our wedding bands in the safe until September!

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea where my box is. H2b wouldn't give it to because he was ashamed of where he got my ring from (I have no idea why he was ashamed). It was in the wardrobe but since we moved house it could be anywhere.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics