Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2011

the bridal wear company in Newbury...anyone been???

amythest76, 16 September, 2010 at 11:35 Posted on Planning 0 11

As the title says really? They have a few dresses I like and seem pretty reasonable in price? I have an appointment there next tues but just wondered if anyone had been, any good or bad reviews most welcome!!

x

11 replies

Latest activity by ocarina, 7 October, 2010 at 18:03
  • ocarina
    Beginner August 2011
    ocarina ·
    • Hide content

Im getting my dress from the bridal wear company - already paid a deposit and im collecting it next month.

Im getting the Calista Dress form Alyce Cluadine design.

How was your visit?

What dress you getting?

xx

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amythest76 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

the visit went really well-started to feel a bit downheartened as the dress i really wanted wasnt really 'me'....but tried the eden bridal one on and loved it straight away!

i did write a post about my experience there-was v funny as i presumed it was a shop and took my 2 yr old!!he was ok but a little bored!

• ocarina
    Beginner August 2011
    ocarina ·
    • Hide content

I was also expecting a shop.. i take it its not lol...

Im planning on taking my BM with me... You think that would be ok?

I keep looking at my dress thinking it may not suit me.. The lady did say that if i didnt like it i could choose another.

Does she have a couple of dresses in stock?

Sorry for all the questions. Your the first person i have met who has bought their dress from this place :-)

x

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amythest76 ·
    • Hide content

She has an extension on her house-really lovely lady, she has a lot of dresses in stock and is not pushy at all (though she did get me to put on a veil and tiara when i said i didnt want them!) but she is good in that she encourages you to try on lots of designs, like i said before i would never had asked to try on the dress i am now getting!Also it looks nothing like it does on her website!

when are you going? let me know how you get on...are you from newbury way? Im in maidenhead but only about 40 mns away from the bridal place

• ocarina
    Beginner August 2011
    ocarina ·
    • Hide content

I’m actually from Birmingham lol.

I’m going down there next Saturday. Its good to hear she has many dresses in stock, i was worried for a moment that id be down there and she would only have my dress and id be screwed if i didn’t like it lol. You have put my mind a ease - cheers ?

I’m really looking forward to going down now. Me and the BM's are gonna make a weekend of it so it should be fun!

Ill let you know how it all goes

I noticed that our wedding are very close, its exciting isn’t it… x

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amythest76 ·
    • Hide content

Very exciting-once xmas is out the way (first time ever in my life im wishing xmas to hurry up and go!!) it will fly by!

have a fab weekend and make sure you report back!! Youre really near Reading so if you're making a weekend of it its goof shopping and loads of nice places to eat near the oracle!!

xx

• ocarina
    Beginner August 2011
    ocarina ·
    • Hide content

Just an update on my visit to the Bridal Wear Comp last Saturday.

Had a really good experience. Elena is great, shes really helpful. And my dress OMG - its beautiful. Bought it home with me and its now currently hanging in a dark safe place.. trying so hard not to look at it every 5 minutes lol.

The girls also enjoyed the visit as they too got to sample some of the BM dresses :-D

Have you got your dress yet?

x

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amythest76 ·
    • Hide content

Oh thats great what dress did you get??

i have ordered mine from her

x

• ocarina
    Beginner August 2011
    ocarina ·
    • Hide content

I got the Calista Dress (Alyce Claudine) in white.

The pic just doesnt do it justice.. Its full of beautiful sparkles.. ill take a pic of it and post it on later...

What dress you getting now?

x

• ocarina
    Beginner August 2011
    ocarina ·
    • Hide content

Hi again hun.

for come reason it wont allow me to post my picies to the message??

If you go here you will be able to see my sparkly dress lol

http://www.finalstitch.co.uk/blog/ocarina/

x

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amythest76 ·
    • Hide content

Oh that is lovely¬ have you managed to stop looking at other dresses now?? i still keep looking! but i do get butterflies when i look at mine, i got an eden bridal dress..

xx

• ocarina
    Beginner August 2011
    ocarina ·
    • Hide content

Your dress is so simple but so beautiful - good choice x

I have stoppped looking at dress yes. I didn't think i'd love my dress as much as i do, its odd!

Hope the rest of your plans are coming along nicely? xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics