Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner January 1999

The colour aqua...

irrelephant, 5 June, 2009 at 22:15 Posted on Planning 0 16

... do you think of it as green or as blue?

I've always thought of it as more blue like this:

However some poeple see it/ show it as more green:

16 replies

Latest activity by irrelephant, 6 June, 2009 at 11:07
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Its blooooooooooooooooooooooo

i drink aqua coz its blue but wouldnt touch it if it were green. Thats more of a teal you have there in your examples.

turquoise/aqua - same thing.

• tiggywinkle
    tiggywinkle ·
    • Hide content

I think aqua as blue as in aquamarine (my birthstone), however it depends on the shop some are more greeny but to me that is not prope aqua

• K_Jackson_In_Waiting
    Beginner July 2011
    K_Jackson_In_Waiting ·
    • Hide content

Definately more blue. you always say aqua blue. teal is more green

• HillierB2B
    Beginner August 2010
    HillierB2B ·
    • Hide content

i would associate aqua with bloooooo (as elequently put by teehee) which is pic 1 - i like those colours aqua/hot pink very 'fresh' looking

with pic 2 i see it as a teal/green which is my FAV colour

what do you prefer? have you decided on wether to flee abroad or have your wedding on home turf?

xx

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls thats what me and ma thought. i prefer it as the blue version of it and yes i would have said the second was more tealy, which i like but i dont think goes as well with the pink.

Hillier- we're still trying to decide. Mr delicious is working away still at the moment so we're currently communicating by text/email a lot so trying to discuss it over that isnt easy. He'll be home in a week though so we'll have a proper chat and work out costs then.

• HillierB2B
    Beginner August 2010
    HillierB2B ·
    • Hide content

i think the aqua blue colour with the pink would look fantastic at a beach wedding ?

lovely jubley lol x

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

I think so too. I think if we did it abroad we'd do something similar to what they do in the mamma mia film, sad as it sounds! i loved that it was outside with all the fairy lights and candles and it was just so colourful

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Yep - blue

I only found that "greener" moodboard for you, because it was titled "aqua", so thought you may like to see a variation.

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

For me, this is aqua (although some are more baby blue - but then aqua is a baby blue, with a hint of green) -

(although I know that these are aqua and red....NOT pink!)

• kelly29
    Beginner May 2009
    kelly29 ·
    • Hide content

Have none of you listened to a word I've been saying for the past 15 months...

The whole point of teal and aqua are that they sit on the spectrum between green and blue so are neither one or the other. (As far as I'm concerned aqua is just a pastel version of teal)

This is why I had such difficulties, because there are so many interpretations of both colours and some see them as blue and others as green.

My best advice is to not worry about what other people label the colour, (for example, some of the aquas posted on her would be Tiffany Blue in my book), but just to pick the shade/s you like and work around them.

Be prepared to end up with a house full of ribbon samples though!

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

? But aqua is almost a tiffany blue!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Oh Kelly, we did listen! i promise! i was just wondering what other people thought of the colour aqua as.

I definitely prefer it in its 'bluer' version. and ooh la la you are a GOD SEND with all these mood boards. Mr delicious is definitely on board now! All we need to decide is home or away? hmmm....

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Home, home, home.....then you can have EVERYONE there. It would be lovely to get married abroad, but then not everyone you want will be there and EVERYONE that does go, will be on honeymoon with you too.

Although - you could have a massive party when you come home! x

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

TBH we don't know if we want cousins etc there. Had so many problems with some of them and i can't pick and choose which ones i want there as theyre all closer with each other than i am with any of them. Away means we get the fantastic weather with the small intimate wedding. Potentially we would think about inviting all of the cousins but theres a chance they won't come which isn't really entirely our fault as they cant say we didnt invite them (i know that sounds so nasty).

As you said though- honeymoon with parents and grandparents= not our idea of romance...

BTW i really like the red and aqua ones you showed me!

• K_Jackson_In_Waiting
    Beginner July 2011
    K_Jackson_In_Waiting ·
    • Hide content

Oooo the red and aqua looked perdie! its up to you whether you go abroad or not. think you'll get better deals here but i' all for standing on a beach in glorious sunshine =D

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

You'd be surprised at some of the prices ive found just by googling!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics