Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mrs o-)
Beginner August 2013

the dreaded invite list!!!!!

mrs o-), 24 February, 2013 at 09:27 Posted on Planning 0 5

Well i now have 6 months till the big day got most thing arranged and paid for including the reception and wedding breakfast but no guests as yet, apart from wedding party and close family from both sides cant seem to sit down to write it keep putting it off we can have 40 for day with more added if needed and 120 + for night but cant seem to get round to this list not even ordered the invites yet because of this,oh keeps asking if iv done it yet ah what room has he got to talk he hasnt even asked his best man yet !!!!

5 replies

Latest activity by Beefzoid, 25 February, 2013 at 19:44
  • S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

Hi Date Twin!

I can't really help on the numbers thing but I'm excited about the 6 month thing so wanted to say Hello

We did it all the other way around: wrote our guest list first, realised it was huge and looked for a venue that we could afford to have it. We have had cut it down to 120 day, 180 night since because they put the price up on us, so that was a challenge. It's still a big wedding, but I grew having Christmas dinner as a family of forty so we were never going to get away with a small one.

Best of luck with it!

• Aurora Borealis
    Beginner June 2013
    Aurora Borealis ·
    • Hide content

Since your wedding is in peak holiday season, I would really try and do this ASAP as you don't want to risk people not being able to make it. It may seem off-putting but I think you just need to sit down with your OH and do it.

• Skinnyrock
    Dedicated July 2023 Suffolk
    Skinnyrock ·
    • Hide content

Hello date twin!

You definitely need to do this as soon as possible. Perhaps you should arrange for you and your other half to sit down one evening with a bottle of wine and sort it together. Perhaps write those that you HAVE to have their family and best friends etc and then perhaps a reserve list depending on whether you come up with too few or too many on your list.

good luck!

• mrs o-)
    Beginner August 2013
    mrs o-) ·
    • Hide content

Hi both date twins thanks for your replys i know we have to get this done i have a large close family and oh has a small family some which live far away so its going to be more one sided and i dont want to upset people ,cant belive were getting married on the same day what time are you both getting, married were getting at 11.50 am a bit early i know but that was the only time they had left for the day we wanted.

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Hi hun. If it's any consolation, with regards to family sizes, my OHs is bigger than mine but he is only inviting his parents, his 2 sisters, 2 BILs and 2 nephews. I on the other hand have my sister and her family, 1 step brother, 4 step sisters and all their tribes as well as 2 aunts, 1 uncle, 6 cousins, their OHs and kids. He's not close to his family so not bothering, but he has more friends and colleagues coming, so it balances itself out anyway. That could be one way it could work for you guys too? Xx

• B
    Beginner October 2014
    Beefzoid ·
    • Hide content

This is what I'm abit worried about!! Due to our change of plans n dates (Wedding on hold baby making instead post) I have decided to plan a secret wedding for christmas 2014, I'm planning on 40 day guests and then llike 150 evening. Nice and easy you would think! Including me there are 11 people in my family, he has about 48 at last count on our original list! Now if I plan this secret wedding and then tell him in Oct 14 (we were moving the date to 2016 but i cant wait this long!) its not offending the extended family on his side that I have only met once in 6 years... In my honest opnion TUF! its my day and yes im paying for it so imn going to be proper selfish, they can all come to the evening do etc.

Im worried he will kick off because ive not invited them etc and im worried his mum will take offence because ive not invited the entire million members of his family, but as I'm paying for this alone (he paying kitchen) its only what i can afford to save etc

Guest Lists are hard work!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics