Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs*W*2B
Beginner August 2014

The Duke of Portland...Belle Epoque's sister restaurant

Mrs*W*2B, 29 of February of 2012 at 23:21 Posted on Planning 0

Hi,

Has anybody heard of or been to The Duke of Portland in Northwich? It is the Belle Epoque's (knutsford) sister venue and although it sounds a bit more informal (it's a gastro pub not really a restaurant) it looks nice from what i have seen...their website is a bit rubbish and can't find that many pics...has anybody eaten at this place or seen the building and can give any opinions etc? I think we will drive down to have a look at the weekend but just curious of any info!

It looks like it has a separate Barn that is used for the ceremony but i can't make it out from the pics!

also, how would people feel about a wedding in a 'posh pub?' i have looked at the food prices and to be honest we would be paying just over £4000 for food and drink (not including any room hire yet!) so it's not exactly a 'cheap' option...would people presume it was? or am i being silly? We haven't found any more expensive venues except one that has bad reviews that we like so I have started looking at restaurants/pubs with nice buildings a bit more but don't want people to think we have taken the cheap option as some of these lovely country pubs are actually similar prices (or a tiny bit less) to some of these fancy hotels. (sorry if that sounds snobby, it's not meant to!!)

any info welcome Smiley smile x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics