Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kizzi10000
Beginner August 2016

The final countdown!!! Planning update & poem request

kizzi10000, 16 of August of 2016 at 09:12 Posted on Planning 0 5

After 20 long months of engagement and wedding planning, the big day is almost here - 4 days away!

I am lurching from feeling super excited to stressed as hell. Anxiety levels are through the roof lol.

Had a lovely day with the family yesterday, as sister and bro in law arrived from Hong Kong and are staying with mum for 2 weeks, so I took the kids up to spend some time with them properly, work out the finer points of the logistics, and buy the last few bits and pieces we need. Now back home to the reality of only having 3 afternoons to get everything ready! I will either spend that time running round like a headless chicken, or engaging in gold medal standard displacement activity and whiling away the time on here humming la la la to myself.....

Anyway, I want people to write us little notes we can open on our first anniversary and was wondering if anyone knew of a little poem or similar I can print to explain what people need to do. I have writing paper and envelopes, and one of those flowery suitcase storage boxes to keep them in, just need a sign to leave next to it.

And I decided I wanted to know where we're going for our honeymoon (all 3 days of it lol) and was told the Lake District. Super excited as I love it there and can't wait to get out on the fells for a bit of walking and some us time.

Going to go back to feeling slightly nauseous now, and iron my work shirt....

5 replies

Latest activity by kizzi10000, 16 of August of 2016 at 14:32
  • DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

How exciting! I hope the next few days go smoothly for you!

I saw something like this on Pinterest yesterday - it was a sign saying "leave a message in a bottle for the bride and groom to open this time next year" or something like that. I might do that as well!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Yay! I hope you manage to enjoy the last few days & get the last loose ends tied up - you're on the home stretch now. Have a fabulous wedding day & honeymoon - we're debating the Lakes for our minimoon next year!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I also like the message in a bottle. I saw this for a wish tree that you could adapt.

Wedding wishes yo be opened on our first anniversary.

As we begin this journey as Mr and Mrs

We would surely appreciate from you your advise and good wishes

Share with us your wisdom abut marriage love and life

The secret to being a great husband or even a top notch, first rate wife.

And please don't forget, it would be such a shame

Don't seal up your message without signing your name.

Thank you for sharing our spevial day with us.

Her name & his name

Date.

Pint off and it in a fancy frame with papers pens envelopes and your designated container.

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, no help on the poem front, just want to say I've got Europe stuck in my head. Der der derrrr, de-der-der-der-derrrrrrr!

I'm feeling the stress with you... My best mate arrive from NZ yesterday, and I'm torn between going to see her and meeting her daughter at last, or sleeeeeeeep! I've forgotten what good sleep feels like Smiley sad

Currently feeling like:

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Jayne, that's fab! Just the sort of thing Smiley smile

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol, I watched the video on youtube this morning. All 80's rock and big hair. Fab ?

And yep, pretty much feel like that too. Go see your mate, you can sleep after the wedding ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics