Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LeedsBride
Beginner September 2012

The first completed DIY invitation (purple and silver)

LeedsBride, 12 of March of 2012 at 22:09 Posted on Planning 0 45

Just wanted to show my first finished invitation (I just have the rest to put together now!) and hopefully this might help others that are also making invitations.

Front:

I got all the card from PDA card and craft (following recommendations on here). They are pocketfold, and I ordered pre-cut card for the main bit and the inserts. I also ordered a few sheets of extra card for the square on the front. The 'ribbon' bit is just some free vellum I got with my order, with a design printed on.

I designed all the inside with Photoshop - there are 2 inserts, one of them is double sided with directions on one side and accommodation on the other. The reply insert is perforated and guests can tear off the bottom part to post back, or RSVP by email / website.

45 replies

Latest activity by LeedsBride, 29 of October of 2012 at 22:56
  • BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Wow they're beautiful!! How much is it gonna cost you per invite? & how long did that take you? Looking to do my own aswell Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    LookAtTheStars ·
    • Hide content

Well done. They look gorgeous!

• LeedsBride
    Beginner September 2012
    LeedsBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you ?

All the card and envelopes (plus a small one for the RSVPs) worked out at just over £1 per invite. I did spend a lot of time designing it though (I'm a bit of a perfectionist!) and it took an hour or so to put it all together.

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not too bad.. I am the same and can imagine spending hours on the tiniest details haha, and then if I do something slightly wrong it'll be straight in the bin :/ luckily, OH has already offered to help - which I really wasn't expecting!

• sugarbox
    Beginner December 2012
    sugarbox ·
    • Hide content

They are so beautiful and i like them.

• westlakedesigns
    westlakedesigns ·
    • Hide content

They look great, well done. ?

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely love the colour

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

They are absolutely fantastic! Well done you. We made our own invites too so know how time consuming it is but it's so rewarding when you see them finished.

• Banana88
    Beginner May 2012
    Banana88 ·
    • Hide content

Fab! Well done. Love the colour of the pocketfold, and the patterned vellum.

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

These look amazing, well done you! I want to make my own so they are more personal, and I do love to get a bit crafty! But I was in hobbycraft and saw their prices and was a bit put off! But £1 per invite doesnt seem bad at all, I hope I do as good a job as this!

• Y
    Beginner April 2012
    YeahYeahYeah ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic! I am the most uncreative and impatient person ever but I have made my own invites, personalised jute bags and have just ordered the stuff for crystal bouquets for 4 of us! Hitched is really bringing out my crafty side and I have saved ££££££££££££££££££££!!!!!!!!!!!

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

They look lovely, I love the colour too!

• far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

Lush!

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content

Very stylish, you've done a great job.

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

Those look soooooo Professional you could earn money doing them people would charge at least £3.50 per invite for them. Well done you x

• sophamie
    Beginner May 2013
    sophamie ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

Have just been trawling through old posts about invites, and absolutely love yours! That is the same style and colour I would love mine to be, but am totally confused by all the different options on PDA card and craft, and don't really have the money to be buying lots of samples. Could you let me know what bits/styles you ordered?? I would be very grateful!

Thanks

Sophamie

XxX

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

Amazing they look like they were made by a company.

PDA craft is fabolous, thank you to hitchers i have used them too for my invites

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

They're gorgeous!

The one thing that worries me about using PDA is just how many different styles/colours/textures of card they have! Have you got any tips for how you chose yours? I would love to be able to do my own!

• I
    Beginner December 2012
    itsrebecca ·
    • Hide content

They're beautiful - i got mine online and assembled them myself but they are nowhere near as classy as this. so jealous lol Smiley winking

• L
    Beginner July 2013
    Lishy ·
    • Hide content

WOW they are stunning. You would have never thought they are homemade.

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

They really are amazing, just how i want to make mine, i just didn't think it was possible! Would you be able to say what colour purple it is as they don't look like that on the website?!

x

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry everyone, I have just been looking on the pda card and craft website and how do you have any idea on what to buy to make up a card such as this one, I can;t make head nor tail of the website!

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

They look very professional, and are a gorgeous colour.Well done. You will feel so proud sending out ones you made yourself.

Lynne

• sophamie
    Beginner May 2013
    sophamie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree, I'm totally confused by it, and can't afford to buy the sample packs. I've got no idea what is needed for a pocketfold, and all the bits that go in it!

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

They look lovely and so prefessional!! where did you get the card etc? x

• LeedsBride
    Beginner September 2012
    LeedsBride ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your lovely comments, I've just finished sending out the matching evening invitations as well, using the same colour card but I just got the card blanks (creased) and no inserts.

For anyone wanting to order from PDA card and craft like me - I really recommend getting the 'card swatch pack'first, which only costs £1, and I found very useful as the website colours can be nothing like what they look like when you get them.

For those wanting to order the same (daytime) bits of card for theirs, on the website I went to:

The main pocketfold (purple bit)

> Wallets & Pocketfolds
    > Pocketfolds and Inserts
    > Pearlescent Pocketfolds & Inserts
    > Stardream, Sirio, Majestic and Cocktail Pearl Pocketfolds

I picked size 105 x 145mm Book Pocketfold (A6) in the 'Deep Purple (Sirio)' colour. This is a pearlescent colour and looks like a different colour depending on the light. (see pic of the evening invitations)

Inserts: (silver bits)

Then I got 3 sizes of inserts - the biggest one i used as a backing on the inside left side of the invitation, and the

other 2 were the inserts. The middle sized one had information on both sides, and the smaller one I used for an RSVP.

> Wallets & Pocketfolds
    > Pocketfolds and Inserts
    > Pearlescent Pocketfolds & Inserts>Stardream, Sirio, Majestic and Cocktail Pearl Pocket Inserts

Here are the 3 sizes I got in the 'Silver (Majestic)' colour.
    100x140mm
    100x130mm
    100x120mm

Extras:

-Plain colour A6 sized envelopes
    -A few pages of A4 of the same silver colour card, for the front squares.
    -If you're ordering a few things, check out the 'special offers' - 'free offers' section, as I got quite a few free things, including some vellum, which I used for the ribbon bit (I just printed a pattern on)

I hope this is useful. If anyone does happen to order the same sizes as mine, just let me know as I have a few spares leftover ?

• sophamie
    Beginner May 2013
    sophamie ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for that info, it's been a great help....I'm wondering now if we've crashed the site with us all going on it, as every time I try to get on it now it doesn't load and says 'error occured'! I'll keep trying though!

Thanks again for your help

Sophamie

XxX

• LeedsBride
    Beginner September 2012
    LeedsBride ·
    • Hide content

Glad I could help ? The website seems to be working now

https://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/

• sophamie
    Beginner May 2013
    sophamie ·
    • Hide content

Wow! It would cost me £50 to do my invitations (and a lot of man hours...may call in the bridesmaids!) rather than the £450 we were quoted by a stationary company! I'm amazed!! If you have any spare, I wouldn't sniff at them...they're our colour scheme etc.

• B
    Beginner April 2013
    Boozle ·
    • Hide content

Their really lovely and look very professional, well done! I only need around 35 invites so quite tempted myself to have a go so will bookmark this page, thank you

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

I've just priced mine up. Looking at around £60 for 60 invites! Would have been £120 just for 35 day invites using a professional!

Thanks for all your help!

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your help and advice, i am def doing this with our cards, it will save a fortune and they look amazing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics