Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Curious May 2021 Oxfordshire

The future of weddings

Helen, 10 of February of 2021 at 10:16 Posted on Planning 0 4
So we have postponed four times so far and are now booked for July 2022. Does anyone else worry that weddings will never be the same? That there will always be social distancing restrictions? Helen xx

4 replies

Latest activity by ExpensivePinkFlowers63608, 12 of February of 2021 at 10:48
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Helen

It does feel like we've been living with this virus since forever, doesn't it? We have postponed once and may have to do so again, but trying not to think too much about it at the moment, just for my own sanity!

What I WOULD say, however, is that we have had pandemics of Ebola, SARs and MERs, and within a relatively short time, all the areas affected were back to normal. In the case of SARs and MERs, it was under control in 2 years. Of course, there will be occasional flare ups.

Remember, the Spanish Flu was the last great pandemic which affected the UK, and we got over that, despite not having a great deal of virology, epidemiology and immunology expertise the way we do now.

I had a real wobble last week, (I wanted to throw out all my wedding stuff, including my dress, and leave home!) I think it is only natural, but I am trying to focus on activities and ideas to keep me occcupied and positive.

Hope this helps,

Ali xx

• E
    Dedicated October 2022 East London
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    I'm the Queen of worrying but I'm not worried things won't return to normal. Once vaccines have been rolled out and people are more conscious about the importance of personal hygiene and the role it plays in the spread of infectious diseases we'll be back to some sort of normality in 2022/23.
    Hopefully by then we can be surrounded yy family and friends on our happiest day.
  • ExpensivePinkFlowers63608
    Savvy April 2021 Somerset
    ExpensivePinkFlowers63608 ·
    • Hide content

I think it's the Isle of Man at the mo where they have no restrictions whatsoever, including no social distancing. So it won't be forever.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics