Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ShootingStar2012
Beginner March 2015

The Grove, Hertfordshire

ShootingStar2012, 6 December, 2012 at 13:10 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi everyone, just having a think about venues... does anyone have any experience of The Grove hotel in Hertfordshire? It looks gorgeous on the website and is a pretty good location for us. Just wanted to get any first-hand opinions of it?

Thanks ?

12 replies

Latest activity by TheGroveHotel, 7 January, 2013 at 11:12
  • X
    Beginner October 2012
    xlilx16 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I visited The Grove for an event with work only a few weeks back. It is lovely there, the grounds look amazing and the rooms were really nice.

We had ours event in the function rooms which were all lovely.

Hope that helps

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Oooo I've stayed there and it was lovely! Gorgeous venue choice and the food was delicious!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Careful you don't book around the time of X Factor!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2066684/X-Factor-2011-wrecked-wedding-day-Catering-errors-starstruck-guests.html

*As with all Daily Mail articles, take with a pinch of salt!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

It is lovely. My client at work does a lot of events there.

Dread to think of the costs though!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I've been to a few events there and a friend of a friend had their wedding there... £90k.

It's a lovely hotel, could think of better ways to spend £90k though...

• ShootingStar2012
    Beginner March 2015
    ShootingStar2012 ·
    • Hide content

Wow! That is certainly waaaay over our budget! It's nice but no way... Well at least that's my decision made, lol. By the way I've changed my username from BambiOnIce, just to you all know why someone 'random' is replying to the OP!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wss.

Lovely venue but very pricey. I am sure there are similar standard venues near by but without the price tag, The grove is a footballer/wag favourite so the price reflects that.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

If it is a nice hotel you are looking for there are loads in the Herts area. Nearest to the Grove would probably be Hunton Park, a DeVere hotel. We had a DeVere (Theobalds Park) for our reception and they were fabulous.

• ShootingStar2012
    Beginner March 2015
    ShootingStar2012 ·
    • Hide content

Great, thank you! So many decisions and too much choice, haha. Will look into Hunton Park ?

• T
    TheGroveHotel ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your kind words about The Grove. If I may correct a couple of misunderstandings. Our typical wedding is not £90k and we have all-inclusive wedding packages from £170pp. Without knowing the full details of your party size and your exact requirements for the day, it is difficult to accurately quote. Please contact a member of our friendly weddings team on **** or email: ***********@********.**.** to discuss your requirements further.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

1. You need to be registered as a supplier to post in here ?

2. I didn't say all weddings were £90k, just the one I knew about....

• T
    TheGroveHotel ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mrs C,

You are quite right, and we were in the midst of registering. We are now fully on board and apologise for any confusion.

We can host a wide range of weddings from small ceremonies to large gala dinners so the value will vary considerably but our typical wedding package is from £170pp. Please click here for more: http://www.thegrove.co.uk/celebrations/weddings/costs-and-packages/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics