Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M

The Hen Night Funding

mariclare, 17 June, 2010 at 10:53 Posted on Planning 0 16

Do you treat your Hens to the hen night? or any part of it or is it expected that they pay for themselves? I have no idea and don't want to arrange the wrong thing. Help please!

16 replies

Latest activity by Mrs S*, 17 June, 2010 at 20:58
  • SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

As a hen, I would expect to pay my own way and maybe a bit extra to cover the bride.

• fizzypop
    Beginner July 2011
    fizzypop ·
    • Hide content

My hens are all paying for themselves, but I will be getting little goodie bags for them. All the hen weekends I've ever been to, everyone pays for themselves, otherwise it would be very expensive for the bride. What did you have in mind for yours?

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

It seems to be the trend at the moment that the hens organise it for the bride and tend to pay for the hen! Although I think I am paying for myself whichI don't mind

I will defo be contributing to the weekend and making goody bags for all my hens though as I know that they have gone out of thier way for me and I want to say thank you to them all!

• fizzypop
    Beginner July 2011
    fizzypop ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really? I wouldn't have booked mine if I'd known ? Only joking, I don't think I'd like my entire weekend paid for me x

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

All the hen do's i have been on everyone pays for themselves, and this has always been the general assumption anyway so caused no issues and then BMs have collected a bit extra from the rest of the party to plan surprises for the hen! Hope this helps x

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I recently arranged a Hen do for my friend, and we all paid for ourselves, and a relative paid for her (would have got very expensive for everyone else otherwise).

Someone also suggested goodie bags, so I ended up buying them and filling them - was very expensive for me!!!! lol. But was a brilliant day/night.

In answer to your question, I would expect to pay for myself on a Hen do, not for the bride to pay. But what I would say is try to get an idea of what people can afford, as these things can get really expensive, and not everyone can afford lots of money! I mean, I wouldn't want to say yes and attend a holiday hen do if it meant that I couldn't afford to go away on holiday with my fiance (don't think that's unreasonable). Also, attending the actual wedding can cost alot for guests as well.

xxx

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree - every hen I've been to, everyone has paid for themselves, including t-shirts etc! I agree absolutely about abroad trips though - I think it's rude to expect people to pay to go abroad to go on your hen unless you find a ridiculously good deal.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Hellooo - I'm organising my own hen night too and paying. I did however organise my cousin's hen do and paid for her to get her hair done, a treatment and for her drinks and food in the evening (I was CBM). Another mate's hen do we all mucked in and paid for her hotel, meal, white water rafting etc.

I don't expect anything to be paid for on my hen... although I do expect a fabulous present

• rebecca2286
    Beginner April 2011
    rebecca2286 ·
    • Hide content

As a lead on from this.....when do you have your hen do? I dont know when the normal time to have them is, and my BM's keep asking!!

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

When I was CBM for my friend, I organised her hen night and split her costs between the rest of us.

I organised my own hen weekend and it probably cost me twice everyone else because I had 3 drop outs so I had to cover their costs, and when I invited more people, I gave them a cheaper price as it was short notice etc.

Am also paying for myself when I go out for a meal as no one (not even my mum!) has offered to pay for me! ?

But, in all honesty, I would hate it if other people paid my way as a hen. Why should they?

• fizzypop
    Beginner July 2011
    fizzypop ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine is beginning of June and our wedding is the end of July, just because my CBM and a couple of other guests are teachers and that is half term. I think you can have it whenever you like!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Mine is at the end of July and I'm getting married in September. Was going to have it in August but one of my BMs is travelling the US for all of it - CAAH.

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

I think about a month in advance is ideal timing wise.

I, however, am having mine 8 days in advance as my BM is coming over from America for the wedding and that's the earliest we can have it!

Of course it partially depends on what you're going to do - if you're going to do something like white water rafting where you might get covered in bruises you need to have it earlier then if you're just planning lots of drinkies!

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

Well i thought it was tradition for the bride to be treated! Any Hen's I've been at have been priced so that everyone pays a share of the brides. Sure the day of the wedding is us treating them, buying them a nice dress, gettng their haor and make-up done etc!!

Maybe I sound a tad selfish - but I have left my hen organising to my sister(CBM) and my BM!!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I've organised two hen parties for friends this year and on each one, we've split the cost of the bride's weekend between us. I think it's a nice thing to do. At most it's cost us an extra £30 and one of them has only cost another £10 by paying for her.

It what the stags seem to have done for years and I think it's a really nice thing for a bride's friends to send her off in style.

As for mine, my sisters are organising it so I have no idea if I'll need to pay or not. I'll offer but if they've organised it so they all cover the cost, I shall be very grateful and make sure that I buy some bottles of champagne whilst we're on it, at the very least.

• Tanya77
    Beginner August 2011
    Tanya77 ·
    • Hide content

I have always paid for myself when I've been to hen dos. I don't know what I'm doing for mine yet, but was fully expecting to pay my way like everyone else. When I was speaking to my sister (BM) about it, she said: "Of course, we're paying everything for you!" like this was the normal thing to do. I'm quite worried about her input to be honest because she's always broke and SOOOOOOO disorganised. We went to a surprise family birthday party in December that she had been given the instructions for and when we arrived, there was no one else there. Then she started saying" Oh, I hope it was tonight. I hope it was this pub. At this time....!!!"

?

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

Everyone is paying for themselves. I've bought some tacky bits, as have my mum and BMs! We're going to have a lot of tack!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics