Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Red Kite
Beginner

The Hula Hoop challenge

Red Kite, 30 of May of 2013 at 13:32 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 1

Right - well I couldn't find another related thread so hopefully starting a new one will be ok!

After reading a (embarrassed to admit?) Daily Mail (shudder) article about hula hooping helping to reduce weight and taking inches off your hips I did a little bit more reliable reading around on the interweb and found various articles and anacedotal evidence about it being true.

However I'm still not completely convinced but I'm always willing to give anything a go (and this way you can all observe and save money if it's just a gimmick)

So introducing...Red Kites Hula Hoop challenge!

The Claim: If you hula hoop with a weighted hoop for 10 minutes a day for 30 days you can noticably reduce your waist line and if you're lucky get a nice set of toned abs to go with it.

Cost: Hula hoops vary in price and there are a variety of offers around on the net. I've just brought a beginners hoop from amazon for £16. Then I will just use my garden/house so no continued cost.

Challenge start date: Well I need to wait for the delivery but with any luck I can start on June 1 - giving a nice whole month time limit.

My plan: I am going to do a regular update on this thread to let you all know how it's going and whether I can even hula hoop when it arrives! I'll post waist measurements and any other info and try to answer questions. I am hoping that doing it this way will keep me focused.

I should probably write a little bit about me - I am actually quite fit already and I run 5 to 6 days a week for anything from 3 miles to 13 miles. However running is all I do and I could benefit from other exercises. I would like to have a smaller waist and like everyone I dream of the flat stomach with smooth abs curves (none of the six pack for me thank you). With a wedding date set for next year I figured I'd get started. If anybody else fancies joining and you've got a hula hoop lying around please come join me! The more the merrier!

So it's kind of science?

Red Kite x

1 replies

Latest activity by Red Kite, 15 of June of 2013 at 23:39
  • TheMrsMeFo
    Beginner April 2015
    TheMrsMeFo ·
    • Hide content

Hiya Redkite!

I have been thinking about hula hooping for a few weeks! How are you getting on? I am going to get one next week when I get paid and give it a 'whirl'!!!

Xx

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

sorry for no update - no one seemed interested! Lol. It's going well - took a day or two to get the hang of it and I did have a bit of bruising/muscle ache to start with. Really appreciated the padding on the ring that I had brought!

have been taking measurements on Mondays. Half a centimetre off my waist so far so nothing huge. But it is good fun and easy to stick t. I deffo recommend doing it to music as I found it went quicker and helped with rhythm. So far I'm happy with it but too early to see any worth while changes. Also I have to do it outside at the moment to prevent friendly fire damage on any nearby objects. Adult hoops are bigger than I realised! My one unclips so can be packed out the way. Oh and I definitely had to use my abs to keep it up and spinning!

Oh no weight loss that I have noticed yet.

Hope that helps! :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics