Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner October 2011

The Jiggers Ceilidh Band (Glasgow & Edinburgh)

iz007, 21 of September of 2010 at 12:46 Posted on Planning 0 6

We are looking to book a ceilidh band for our wedding next year and have found The Jiggers who we really like. I just wondered if any forum members had seen or used them at their events?

6 replies

Latest activity by Lynseys Designs, 21 of September of 2010 at 20:05
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I assume it's the Jiggers from the Glasgow area you're talking about?

Failing that, a general area would be helpful - we're planning on a barn dance ourselves for wedding entertainment but being in Hampshire it's a bit of a hike to Glasgow!

• I
    Beginner October 2011
    iz007 ·
    • Hide content

Yes sorry The Jiggers ceilidh band based in Glasgow http://www.thejiggers.co.uk/

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

YES!

We used them for our wedding (just a few weeks ago) and they were fan-fricking-tastic! People were commenting all night on how great they were and how much they loved the ceilidh! We had the 3 piece band ceilidh, then the disco and I can wholeheartedly recommend them!

• I
    Beginner October 2011
    iz007 ·
    • Hide content

Ah brilliant, thanks so much. We were impressed with the sound and video clips anyway and have researched other ceilidh bands but kept coming back to The Jiggers! We too are going for the 3 piece band ceilidh then disco. I was also impressed when I phoned up and size about the size of the venue they thought the 3 piece would be more suitable than a 4 piece.

Will book them now then!

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

No probs, if I can answer any more questions about them, just ask!

We had originally planned to have half ceilidh, half disco but after our evening break the lead guy came over and asked if we wanted to do a bit more ceilidh as everyone seemed to be loving it, so we ended up having more ceilidh as it was so much fun! ?

• I
    Beginner October 2011
    iz007 ·
    • Hide content

That's great, thanks again. I think we would like more ceilidh too and will ask when we phone tomorrow to book if they can be flexible on this. Sounds like they were with you both. One question - re the disco, did you give them a list of song choices (I'd like to avoid the cheese if possible!!).

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I've never heard of them but welcome to Hitched. Where are you getting married and when? Are you going to stick around the forum cos us girls love to see planning pics.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics