Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner March 2015

The Most Annoying/Stressful Thing about Wedding Planning?? - Just for fun!

*CrazyCatLady*, 12 of February of 2015 at 17:13 Posted on Planning 0 13

I'm the first of my friends to get married and they were asking me what the most annoying/stressful thing about wedding planning was. Here's my top 3, but wondered if anyone had any more?

1. People not replying to RSVPs

2. People texting me and asking for information which was provided on the invitation (i.e. what time is the ceremony? do I have the post code? GAH!)

3. Trying and failing to do DIY and spending a small fortune in The Range and Hobbycraft

13 replies

Latest activity by Nims, 13 of February of 2015 at 14:06
  • B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Suppliers not getting back to you, sometimes for weeks. Planning both my son and daughters weddings has stressed me out ?

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Still plenty of time for me, so not down to the nitty gritty yet, but the main issue is trying to get the OH to make decisions, and when we have not to suddenly decide he needs to search for 10 million other options just in case there's something better out there hidden from nowhere we haven't already seen!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

The anxiety about my appearance, by far. I feel like I thought about nothing else for months.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LuxuriousBlueDiamonds49 ·
    • Hide content

My family having an opinion on EVERYTHING and trying to tell us what yo pick etc .. I've heard my sister (CBM) say when talking to dress shops, photgrapher, venue owner " well I want, I don't like that"

I have a small falling out as it's getting out of hand now...

I just have a big family so not done in any badness.. ☺️

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm still well over a year away and already have a list as long as my arm... I'll try and word them to sound as 'un-bridezilla-ish' as possible (but think I'm treading a fine line ?)

1. Over opiniated Mum - I love you dearly and appreciate your input, but please remember it's my wedding not yours!

2. The do I / don't I invite them debate...

I do have a much longer list but after typing them out, I've realised how bridezilla I actually sound! So will keep it to these two.... for now ?

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

How time suddenly grows a pair of supersonic wings and puts them to full use!!!!

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

At the moment I am stressing the my OH has STILL not decided what he wants him and his groomsmen to wear - or even who's going to be wearing it for that matter! We are 5 and a half months away and I know that's still a while, but I would just like to know everything is under control!

Plus, my sister is organising my hen night and it will be a surprise, which is fine. Except she hasn't contacted any of the hens and I'm starting to get anxious, don't to nag her though and she is a single mum who works full time.

That's really it, but my invites go out today. so no doubt there will be more stress to come when it comes to RSVP's!

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

I hate dealing with vendors. Despite being expensive and this supposedly being their business, many seem to be pretty bad at customer service, communication and being value for money. Flakey, flakey, flakey.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I'm at the stage now where everything about wedding planning is annoying / stressful.

1 - Finding suppliers. I've had a nightmare trying to find someone to do hair and makeup and now that's sorted I can't find a florist. Doesn't help that it takes a week for anyone to get back to me.

2 - Making decisions. Finding it really had to decide on anything then when I do constantly questioning if I've done the right thing.

3. Making my own invitations. I'm with Schwelley on this one. They've taking me months, the house is like a bomb hit it because I've spent every waking moment making them, I'm not sure I like then that much now and they've cost a fortune (was supposed to be the cheap option).

4. Budget. Though I'd set a realistic budget, cut back in loads of areas and got a bargain on most things, not having any fancy extras that originally though I wanted but costs are still managing to go out of control. How is that possible?

5. Organising it on my own. Not had much help or input from anyone, and now having to organise the hen do myself, which is a whole other load of stress.

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

Chasing people

Chasing suppliers

Incompetence in emails.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Almost~Mrs~W ·
    • Hide content

Right now I just wannabe say " THE WHOLE beeping THING!!!!"

i think a lot is because I feel the need to do everything myself

I am very much a control freak

my venue however have been absolutely amazing. So helpful and considerate and calm that I feel much better every time I talk to them

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

This makes me so sad. FTR, I thought you looked really gorgeous in your pics. Your happiness shines through.

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

I'm an organised person by nature so I've enjoyed it mostly!

Apart from... my wife-to-be's family drama. Her parents, although very nice and lovely to us, aren't coming to the wedding because her mum is jehovas witness. This has broken my girl's heart, despite expecting it, not least because we've all just spent two pretty lovely weekends together.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics