Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Buzzee
Beginner January 2012

The National Wedding Show - worth a visit?

Buzzee, 8 January, 2011 at 13:49 Posted on Planning 0 7

Has anyone been to this show before at Olympia and would you recommend it for a day out? Do you get to see the catwalk with a standard ticket or do you need the VIP ticket?

Also does anyone have a promo code for discounted tickets?

Thanks!

H x

7 replies

Latest activity by sammy_wheeler, 8 January, 2011 at 20:00
  • Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I have purchased tickets for the Wedding show at the NEC in March, i haven't gone for the VIP tickets but i think you can still attend the catwalk show- just may have to queue instead of getting reserved seating.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I go twice a year, Spring & Winter and are great for inspiration. The Catwalk shows are open to everyone so you can see all of the shows & demonstrations.

I am going in Feb.

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

I think i'll go for it then!

Is the Sunday likely to be quieter than the Sat do you think? (Can't do the Friday due to work)

Have googled everywhere for discount code but no joy! Only £15 though so not too bad for an afternoon out!

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I've chosen the sunday too as cant do the fri or sat- but £15 i thought was a bargain really for a day out!

• MissBee
    Beginner
    MissBee ·
    • Hide content

I went to the National Wedding Show in Earls Court last year in October - not sure how useful it was, I think you need to have a clear idea of what you want to look for/ask about before you go. I wasn't ready to buy/book anything on the day which didn't help.

I did however get a few sneaky photos of flowers and suits for inspiration, which will be useful. My top tip is don't take every leaflet that you get offered, or you'll have hundreds to lug home and they get heavy!

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

I went to National wedding fayre when i first got engaged in 2009. I found it fun but waste of money to be honest (i went to nec one!). Some of exhibitors were quite rude when i told them my wedding was in 2011. Plus although its 'national' everything was local which didnt really assist me with my planning what so ever! I couldnt enter any competitions because they wouldnt deliever the prizes to my area (ie free chair covers etc).

I think if you are geting married near to the fayre then it would be helpful but if you live away i would attend a local one to you.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I think it really depends on how far along in your planning you are... I found it great for inspiration as you have everything all in one place.

I went to Earls Court in October 2009 and bought my dress (!) - I did find that Olympia in February was much much smaller.

Handy tips...

Get there early, if looking for dresses, head to those stands first as they get really busy (wear leggings for trying on as the changing rooms are often communal (I was stood there with 4 other brides in my bra and pants!!!)

Take your own food or be prepared to queue and pay through the nose for a salad (!)

Take an easy to carry bag for all the bumpf you will get - it's a good idea to sort through these at lunch and throw away anything you definitely don't want to save your poor shoulders!

I am sure I had more tips but can't think of them all right now... will have a ponder!

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

I went to the nec one last year with my cbm- i wouldnt go again. i had booked most things anyway and i found the issue about suppliers not being able to come to me anyway- even though i live an hour ish away from bham

i wudnt go again- or if i knew then what i knew now i wudnt go

if you do go i wud say wear comfy shoes, and half way through the day sit down and go through the hundreds of leaftlets you get so you can lighten the load

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics