Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner April 2024 Bristol

The night before / getting ready

Phillipa, 29 of August of 2022 at 10:02 Posted on Planning 1 8
Hey all, we've just booked our wedding! We were just wondering what most of you have done / planned to do for accommodation (our venue doesn't have rooms on site).
Do we spend the night before separately in two places and then book somewhere different for the wedding night or just have the same place? Like logistically, how does it all work?!What have you guys done? Just need some inspiration!

8 replies

Latest activity by Scottchets, 10 of September of 2022 at 07:13
  • A
    Dedicated March 2024 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    We are going to go home the night of our wedding! My parents have an air b&b with enough room for me to also stay the night before and H2B will either stay at our house or at his parents. We talked about getting a hotel for night of but actually realised we didn’t fancy having to check out by 11am or whatever it will be. So we will be getting a cab back to our house, which we love and that feels right for us xx
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

It depends how far away from home your venue is and whether you want to see each other before the ceremony.

We live only 15 minutes from our venue and don't care about the tradition of not seeing each other so we are staying at home the night before and then in the morning will drive to the venue to get ready. We have a hotel room booked for the night before and night after but want to spend our last unmarried night in our own home. Paying for the room for 2 nights mean we can drop everything off the night before and the room is available for us to spend the morning getting ready, rather than waiting until later to be able to check in.

• Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    Our venue didn’t have rooms attached either so my now husband stayed at a hotel we choose to be the wedding hotel nearby on the Friday night. My sister and family and a few others stayed there on the Friday night and 18 of us met at a local restaurant for a family dinner. Then I stayed at my house with my parents and daughters and got ready in my own house on the wedding morning. My sister and her kids joined us to get ready. This suited me really well as we got two lovely wedding cars to bring us from home to the venue. We then all stayed at the hotel the night of the wedding. Perfect!
  • K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    My venue doesn't have any accommodation either. I have booked a hotel the night before, which im staying in with my MOH and then the bridesmaids etc will come to the hotel in the morning to get ready with me.
    My OH is staying at his Dad's that night and will get ready there on the wedding morning.
    We are also booked in the hotel the night of the wedding, so my OH and I will come back to the hotel after the reception. The hotel is going to turn the room around for us during the day, so we come back to a freshly made up room 😊
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm fortunate in that my parents have booked accommodation 5mins from the venue - it's self catering as they're also looking after all the dogs so has a kitchen and living room which is handy - I'm staying their the night before and it'll become "bride central" the morning off with all the bridesmaids rocking up early to all get ready together.

FH is currently without night before accommodation (we don't live locally to our venue) but is hoping one of his parents or groomsmen or someone will book somewhere with at least a sofa for him - bless him!!

• L
    Savvy August 2022 North Yorkshire
    Lee-Anne ·
    • Hide content
    Our venue was 15 mins from where we live. I stayed at a friend's the night before and my now husband stayed at home
  • Km86
    Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire
    Km86 ·
    • Hide content
    Our venue does have accommodation but we can't stay the night before, so we are staying in a little hotel 5 minutes away and then going to the venue on the morning to get ready.

I'm staying with my 2 friends and my fiance is staying with her Mum x
  • Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married in church and have actually booked a AirBnB for the night before our wedding as it’s closer to the church and I didn’t want the extra attention from neighbours!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics