Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner June 2011

The Priory Barn, Little Wymondley - Honest reviews please

K_J, 29 July, 2010 at 11:17 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi All,

We are having a small issue between our wedding band and our venue and wanted honest opinions from anyone who has got married, been to or worked at the Priory barn.

We would like to know what the atmosphere was like in the evening, where the staff helpful or rude?

Anything is really appreciated as we are in a real dilemma at the moment!

Thank you xx

7 replies

Latest activity by king george, 29 July, 2010 at 22:08
  • bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Hi K_J

No experience of the venue, but just had a look at the website and it is quite clear that you have to use their entertainment (for some reason!). Is that the issue? Sorry - that's not much help!

• K
    Beginner June 2011
    K_J ·
    • Hide content

There policy changed about booking their entertainment after we booked, when we booked you could have what you wanted. Its a problem to do with the noise limiter fitted in the venue, our band felt it was set too low to creat an atmoshpere for people to enjoy themselves!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

The noise limiter may well form terms of their entertainment license so not a lot you can do about it if that is the issue.

No experience of the venue though, sorry.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

It is one of my favourite venues having worked there several times. Magnificent barn and nice grounds including a lake and jetty. Staff were always very nice. One wedding I did there had an Abba tribute band and they were pretty loud.

hth

Peter

• K
    Beginner June 2011
    K_J ·
    • Hide content

Thank you to everyone who has replied.

We are meeting with the venue at the weekend so will have to see what happens from there I guess.

I wasn't expecting wedding drama number 1 to be such a big one ?

• C
    Beginner October 2011
    CLAIREYFAIRY2 ·
    • Hide content

Hi KJ,

Our venue, Hanbury Manor in Ware has said in our contract that their noise limiter is set at 75 decibels, I thought it may help you to know what another venue sets theirs at to compare if yours does seem low in comparison or about the same xx

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It will also be dependent on the locality that you are in. Loud noise upsets neighbours hence the limitation on the sound levels. Venues in more rural areas mmay well go higher than those in built up areas.

• K
    Beginner December 2011
    king george ·
    • Hide content

My sister got married at the priory barn last year, it was amazing the most beautiful barn and relly nice toliets which I always check unsure why, food was lovely staff were reallly friendly and the lady that organises it think she was called Karen ensures everything goes to plan and is helpful.

It is quite pricey but if it fits your budget im sure you will love it!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics