Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cazzibear
Beginner May 2013

The real price of Pronovias?

Cazzibear, 1 May, 2012 at 20:15 Posted on Planning 0 10

Ive finally found a dress i love!!

So I've been shopping around for the pronovias dress, but I really don't know what price it should be as I've been quoted such a range.....

Could everyone who's tried a pronovias on/bought one give me more of an idea what I should pay for it? I really don't want to be ripped off.

Its the Alcanar dress [View:http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pronovias+alcanar&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari:550:0]

Ive been told **** and 1200..I don't know whether the last one seems a bit dodgy though..hence this rather long winded question!!

Any help would be massively appreciated!

10 replies

Latest activity by (Claire), 2 May, 2012 at 12:24
  • V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

I've bought Pronovias Bianca, it was £1,795 & I bought the store sample for £1,250. They do appear to be more expensive (£1,000+) but they're beautiful dresses!!! Yours is absolutely stunning!!

This is mine! I'm having the top changed so it's much more open and off the shoulder...but I love it! There are teeny tiny polka dots in the lace!

• cford09
    Beginner March 2013
    cford09 ·
    • Hide content

That is the most beautiful dress I have ever seen! Thank god it's massively out of my price range, otherwise I'd be having major wobbles!

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

Mine is pronovias but I got mine for only £400 due to buying it from a discount designer shop. Not sure if it pre loved or a sample dress, either way Im not bothered as I got a dress I though would be way out my price range. I was told mine would have been at least £1500 if I had bought it new.

• Cazzibear
    Beginner May 2013
    Cazzibear ·
    • Hide content

Wow yours looks beautiful vintage, pronovias dresses are certainly amazing.

Judging by these prices perhaps I should take the 1200 offer and run! - just seemed too good to be true after being quoted 1850!

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

It will depend on the shop.

If the shop in an area that is slightly more expensive then the dress prices will reflect this and it will be more profit for them.

If you have seen the dress that £1200 and it is genuine then take it!

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    Citygirl ·
    • Hide content

I'm a Bamba bride from the Glamour collection and mine was £1400 from a reputable bridal shop. Well worth it - they are amazing quality. Hope that helps!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

My friend just bought Alcanar and I'm pretty sure she paid £1800 for it (including alterations) - although was quoted £2300 from the Bond Street shop (no alterations).

Check if those prices include alterations or not as that can always add costs on.

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

Cazzi, if you're worried then google the shop & see if you can find any reviews. If they're good then go for it! I have found that some dress shops are only interested in getting as much money out of you as possible, others are truly interested in helping you find the right dress xx

• C
    Beginner August 2012
    chloe_chloe ·
    • Hide content

To me the £1,200 seems a little cheap for a Pronovias dress in that style. I would have guessed it to be in the range of £1,600, given the lace and the fact that it has a big skirt.

Have you been to the shop that quoted you the cheapest price, or did they just give you a quote on the phone? I would go and check out the shop to make sure it's a genuine dress / not a sample.

I was thinking of buying Baile, which I expect is a much cheaper dress as there is less material and no lace. I was quoted £1,100 at one place and £1,300 at another (both without alterations).

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

Woah! they are expensive dresses! I wouldn't have been able to get one of those, my mum paid for mine and it was £300 which I thought was expensive even then (as I was going to hire one, but she insisted I had one of my own so she was paying). Lovely as they are, I just couldn't justify that cost Smiley sad and I would certainly have to sell it afterwards to re-coup some of the cost.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I had a Pronovias gown Mireia. I called a few shops and was quoted between £1400 and 1650, in the end I got a sample dress that had only been tried on once and paid £1000 cue one very happy bride.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics