Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gurzle
Beginner April 2013

The Reid Rooms - Essex

Gurzle, 1 March, 2011 at 13:36 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi everyone

Anyone have any experience of/ opinions of this venue?

Has anyone booked it or decided not to book it?

12 replies

Latest activity by Jason Clark DJ, 7 August, 2011 at 21:00
  • PeteKelk
    PeteKelk ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kate,

The Reid Rooms is a nice venue, it's certainly changed a lot since I first did a wedding there!

I only have one gripe about the place and it's really not that bad, and that is that the ceremony room is a bit dark, so if you have a dull day, it can be very dark indeed!

Other than that it's all grand, so if that's the worst that can be said, it's not bad at all!

PK.

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married there in July! Have to agree with PK - the ceremony room can be very dark but I heard there are plans to expand it at some point so maybe they will add some more windows lol

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

T mi

It might not be to everyones taste but I love it and suits us and the number of guests we have Smiley smile We are getting married 18th July so I will be able to pass on anything for you to be aware of after our day. We have actually booked the package with them so have Chicks catering and PianoDJ, both of which we have heard very good reviews of so we are more than happy.

Our overall theme is a mix of old and new (which I think suits the venue also) so we are having modern charcoal suits (the ones with a slight shine to them) but with cadbury purple cravats and my dress is more of a vintage style in a dark antique ivory. My flowers are going to be cream, cadbury purple and lime green. Inside we are having white table linen with cadbury purple sashes and our centrepieces are stainless steel storm lanterns with candles inside with lime green ribbon.

It would have been quicker to flash lol

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds BEAUTIFUL! My fiance went to Uni with the guy that runs pianodj and says he is really talented. Gorgeous colour scheme - we were thinking creams, ivory and white with some 'meadowy' flowers. I just had a good feeling about the place when I walked in - it was either there or Fanhams Hall, and tbh this place just felt right x

• Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

I've performed there, and its fantastic in the summer, with the courtyard being a great place to relax.

I've heard from Brides that the accommodation is expensive, and the venue is literary "miles from anywhere" so something to bear in mind.

I found the staff helpful and friendly, and so think its a great venue.

The picture below was taken at a 2010 wedding there;

• MrsCoco
    MrsCoco ·
    • Hide content

Love the venue - agree that the ceremony room is a little dark and on the smal side, but I love the main reception area with it's beams and barn like feel, the courtyard is lovely on a sunny day, and the house where the accommodation is is lovely - nice rooms.

xxx

• B
    Beginner October 2014
    Beefzoid ·
    • Hide content

Hey!! just looking for Reid room reviews and came across your posts...

I went to a wedding fayre there and was very impressed with what i saw, i love the little ceremony room, very intimate and special! Im going to be really cheeky as ask what was wedding package cost (approx) and what did it include?? i can only see hire rates on the website, have emailed but still awaiting a reply for brochure and info...

We are planning on a thurs wedding in 2014 so a little while off yet

• Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

Its worth remembering that you don't have to use their "recommended" suppliers. Looking around can provide a more personlised wedding, so togs/entertainment can be hired from elsewhere.

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes Jason is correct that looking at providing your own suppliers is sometimes cheaper an dworth looking into. We have chosen to go with their package because we heard great things about the suppliers they use and the price was within our budge for the amount of guests we were looking at. I think the venue charge for a mid week wedding is around £1200 in the summer but cheaper any other time and for their package you need to work on a minimum budget of £32 per person for 3 course meal (no drinks included) and £10 per head for buffet although you only need to cater for two thirds of your guests. Everything else (DJ, drinks, table lining etc) is a lot more flexible.

I am getting married there in 4 weeks so I guess you'll see pics of the venue then! ?

• PeteKelk
    PeteKelk ·
    • Hide content

Hey everyone, I covered a wedding there a couple of weeks ago, and I posted some images for you all to have a look at.

I haven't had a chance to write the text for the blog yet, so it's an exclusive 'hitched' preview!!!

Here you go:http://www.peterkelk.com/reid_rooms_wedding_photography/

Pete xx

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs P to Bee ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I am getting married here on the 1st June 2013 and cant wait. The extension of the ceremony room is happening this year (Nov time I think) but its only increasing to around 90.

x

• Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

Some great work there Pete!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics