Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin8
Beginner June 2014

The sizing of Essense of Australia dresses?

Erin8, 13 August, 2012 at 10:55 Posted on Planning 0 7

I was wondering what everyone's experience of the sizing of Essense of Australia dresses was like? i.e. is a size 12 a "true" size 12 or smaller? I am wodnering as l know the sizing of wedding dresses can be quite small...

Thanks!

7 replies

Latest activity by Erin8, 18 August, 2012 at 14:01
  • F
    Beginner September 2012
    Fee11 ·
    • Hide content

I think they're smaller than normal sizes - which seems to be the case with most wedding dresses. I've got an Essence dress and they did say that they just order the size nearest to your measurements rather than nearest to your usual dress size, and then alter it to fit. Sorry that's probably not much help!

• T
    Beginner February 2013
    Topper ·
    • Hide content

They're slightly smaller, but very different to high street sizing (either that or I am!) I think I measured something like 34 bust, 30 waist, 34 hip which was in their sizing a 10 / 14 / 12! The shop have ordered me a 12 as that is the sample size I tried on and that fitted well (the bit between hip and low waist may be marginally tight but will get the seamstress to iron that out if still tight when I get my dress...

I'd generally class myself as a 10 / 10-12 depending on shop

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    LC to be ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting an Essence dress and I'd say they're smaller than high street sizes. The place I'm ordering it from measured me and recommended a 12. I'm usually an 8-10.

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    kacy1988 ·
    • Hide content

Oh? I think they're a true size... I wear a 12 top and 14 trousers and I bought a 12 dress and had it very slightly let out on the hips...

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    LC to be ·
    • Hide content

Oh I was an inch too big for the hips part but rest was 8-10. Dress shop said it would be easier to bring the rest in rather than let out the hips, so went for 12

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    Limpy loo ·
    • Hide content

I am usually a size 12 (occasionally 14 on the bottom- thunder thighs!) and my Essence dress was ordered in a 14

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry too much about the number on the label. I don't really believe there is such a thing as a "true" size as it varies so much between manufacturers and the fit often depends on what material the item is made from. I'm usually a size 8/10 in highstreet shops. When measured for my dress my bust was coming in at size 6 and waist/hips at a 10 so I ordered a 10. The only way to be sure is to have yourself properly measured and consult the Essense of Australia sizing chart.

What dress are you looking at?

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Yep l think you are right Kriek l need to get measured properly. I am thinking of D586.....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics