Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Little fluff
Beginner September 2011

The Tesco Diet!

Little fluff, 2 February, 2010 at 09:37 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi Ladies... i see a lot of you are trying to loose weight as am i. Last week i joined the Tesco Diet (Light Choices) they say you will loose a stone in 8 weeks. I liked the sound of that as its not loosing it too fast so hopefully wouldn't be putting it back on straight away.

My 1st week took a little time planning meals and makin sure i gad right food in but all in all went really well. I feel like i have never eaten as much as i am on th diet so thought this will never make me loose weight.

Sat was weigh day and i lost 3lbs. OH MY GOD!!! So proud of myself as i have never dieted before and didn't think i would have the will power.

Just thought i would share with you ladies trying to loose weight. Maybe its worth a look. My mum joined Sat afternoon when she heard of my loss. Just hope it carries on.

17 replies

Latest activity by GeordieBarbie, 19 February, 2010 at 07:13
  • GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Just been looking at this - sounds like me and D might gve it a go! ?

How does it work?? There seems to be many options of diets and healthy eating plans. How do you know which one to choose? Do you stick to one or can you combine? Just trying to work my way round the website...

• F
    Beginner
    Feanor ·
    • Hide content

Ooh this could be good for me. I need to lose about a stone so could be perfect for me!

My problem is I play alot of netball and so I never really know how I should adjust diet plans accoridng to the exercise.

I am going to give this a go though I think! Thanks Smiley winking

• Little fluff
    Beginner September 2011
    Little fluff ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i think i went onto something that helped you choose a diet plan. They asked questions about the food you like, if you like to cook or eat convenience food and if you had any allergies. They picked a combination one for me.

It takes a bit of time to get used to the site but they set up a 7 day meal plan for you and you can view it day by day. You can change every meal if you dont like what they have put down. You can add things to each meal or take things off and it works out the new calorie totals for you. They tell you how many calories you should be eating a day and you just have to swap and change things to what you like within the calories your allowed.

This is what i had to eat yesterday...

Breakfast - 2 slices wholemeal toast with a banana and yoghurt

Lunch - 200ml soup with 2 slices wholemeal bread, a pear & yoghurt

Tea - Spag Bol, fruit

Snack - 2 jaffa cakes

I think this is a lot of food and i can't believe i have lost weight eating so much lol Just shows that its no good starving yourself.

Hope this helps.

If any of you want to sign up to it and want me to refer you we would both get 4 weeks free after the initial 8 week sign up.

• F
    Beginner
    Feanor ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the info. Can I ask how much it is?

One of my friends has lost 9lb over 4 weeks doing the GMTV two week diet plan, she just stuck to it for 4 weeks instead of two but there seems a lot of variety and its free!

I like the idea of having a proper plan to stick to though.

• N
    Beginner
    northwood ·
    • Hide content

Sounds interesting, I had a look and it suggested a GI diet for me, with a combination between recipes and easy meals.

LF, what else did they offer for meal times as thats my big problem, I would also be interested in the referral

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Which bit tells you what diet to follow??

• N
    Beginner
    northwood ·
    • Hide content

When you click on the section for joining, it asks you some questions about health etc then recommends a plan for you

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh - OK. I hadn't got that far. Was just mooching over the info ?

• N
    Beginner
    northwood ·
    • Hide content

I was just looking too, it doesn't commit you to anything ?

• Little fluff
    Beginner September 2011
    Little fluff ·
    • Hide content

Think is cost £29 for the 8 weeks plan then £3.50 a week after that. Something like that anyway.

There are loads of meals to choose from. So far for tea we have had..... Baked fish with homemade chips (oven cooked of course) and peas, Chicken & home made chips with salad, Spag Bol, Cheese & Tomato Omlette, Cottage pie, Jacket potato with tuna & salad & tonight we are havin burger & chips lol Can't believe i can eat so much bread and potatos and loose weight,

• Little fluff
    Beginner September 2011
    Little fluff ·
    • Hide content

Oh and if you fancy joining and you want me to refer you all you have to do is give me your name and e-mail address. When i have filled that in i think it will send you an e-mail and tell you to register.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Looked at the site a bit more tonight with D and we were quite impressed! It seems really easy to use and very helpful.

We have decided to sign up for 8 weeks and see how we go and hopefully lose a stone! Bought some scales tonight so it's a start!

We've got a dinner party next weekend (Ready Steady Cook night) and after that we're going to start. Never dieted before (gone now are the days I never had to!) so it's a bit daunting!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I have looked at the Tesco diets and they look good. I think I may even have an email with a money off code. I cant afford to do that and go to the gym, but I am doing a Gi diet. My mum does it and lost so much weight on it last yr, and more or less eats what she wants. She has gone from middle age spread mummy to yummy mummy, so I am giving it a go ready for the wedding and honeymoon.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

LF - does it track your weight for you??

• N
    Beginner
    northwood ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to sign up for this I think but I'm not due to do another weekly shop until next Tuesday, does anyone know if you can sign up today but not 'officially' start until say next Wednesday? Would this affect the terms and conditions ie. would the 8 weeks start from today - the money back guarantee bit?

• Little fluff
    Beginner September 2011
    Little fluff ·
    • Hide content

You have a weigh day e very week. You put your weight in and it shows you your progress on a graph.

• Little fluff
    Beginner September 2011
    Little fluff ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes you can sign up and arrange when you want to start the diet. You don't have to start the day you sign up.

LF

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I started this on Tueday and the website is so helpful!! I've never been on a diet before and have no idea about good and bad foods and this just tells me exactly what to have and when and is so easy to adjust to my tastes ? Also, I've never eaten so much food!! ?

Thanks LF!! It tells me I should be 1st 5lbs lighter by mid-April!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics