Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2022

The unknown is killing me

SunnyPinkFlowers83597, 27 of September of 2020 at 11:01 Posted on Planning 0
We booked our April 2021 wedding over a year ago.

In April 2020, the beginning of lockdown, we had our son. Due to the timing and restrictions at hospital we found the whole experience very stressful and upsetting. And the stress led me to needing an emergency c section. The most scary experience ever.
So, as a result we decided to change our wedding plans and booked a wedding celebratant to help us create our perfect day. Through conversations we decided to include ola naming ceremony for our son, as April was likely to be the first time he met the family face to face. The date (April 12th) also coincides with his first birthday and my 40th birthday. So we were going to have a 4 way celebration. But now with the current restrictions not looking like they'll be lifted, it seems like our whole plan has been blown out of the water. We're not sure what to do now. If we postpone we lose the birthdays and possibly the naming ceremony, if we go ahead we do so most likely with just our parents there. I feel completely robbed, especially after being robbed of a happy birthing experience where I couldn't even see or hold my partner ls hand. Does anyone have any unique ideas for turning this massive negative into a positive as I'm failing to see a way forward that we're happy with.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics