Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miss-b
Beginner August 2016

The Wedding Dress & Prom Dress Bridal Outlet, Burton-on-Trent

Miss-b, 7 of April of 2015 at 16:22 Posted on Planning 0 4

So this Saturday me, my Mum and my best friend (hopefully soon to be bridesmaid!!) will be going to the above outlet in Burton on Trent! Has anyone been? It's got really good reviews so I'm sure it'll be fine.

I'm looking forward to it as I love a bargain and I'm a size 14/16 so I'm looking forward to trying on dresses that fit me, rather than having to guess what it will look like when I order it.

Plus I am actually asking my friend to be my bridesmaid before we go so I'm dead excited ?

So a full day of lovely things ❤️

4 replies

Latest activity by Miss-b, 13 of April of 2015 at 11:30
  • M
    Beginner October 2015
    misslynx ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

My bridesmaid is in Loughborough and went dress shopping with me and I was thinking of going here and didn't.

I went to the one in Burbage, Leicester (I think it is similar) and it was good for trying on.

I have to plug Bradgates Brides now - they are just outside Leicester and where I got my dream dress from (they have their full price shop and a discount shop in the same building - (and I am a size 26!) You can look for their web address if you are interested :-)

Just make sure you try on lots and don't worry if you don't find it straight away xxx

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    elemden ·
    • Hide content

I bought my dress from here and loved it. However I had gone there thinking I would get a bargain and basically doubled my budget as I fell in dress love.

Hated Burbage. I didn't like the dresses for one. On first going in there seemed to be loads and loads of dresses, but looking closer I felt they just had the same dresses in every size.

There were lots of young assistants standing around and I wasn't made to feel particularly comfortable by the one that served me. There was another bride in there and my party didn't have anywhere to sit, there was a lack of spaces to show the trying on bit...and the box they expected you to stand on was small (I nearly fell off it) and wrapped in parcel tape.

I really didn't stay long in there and went straight back to Burton. They were lovely in there, and I felt the dresses were true outlet, not just 'made for outlet' in every size.

• heli-c
    Beginner October 2015
    heli-c ·
    • Hide content

I went to Burbage last August and was happy with the service I recieved! The assistants were helpful and although there were around 3 brides tryin on in the store the assistants were very accomodating and helpful.

I was going there one week and had planned to go to Burton on trent the following week but found my dream dress at the Burbage store!! Bought it there and then and I'm so glad I did! It was the only one of that style. When I was chatting to the assistants they said that they do have some of their own designers, for which they stock all sizes of all the dresses but that they also have a range of 'one offs' etc. I noticed that there was a much wider selection of 'one offs' in the 8-14 range and once you got to the bigger sizes they were mostly their designers dresses which could be bought in any size anyway. I think I've heard the Burton on Trent store is much bigger but I've never been!

Good luck finding your dream dress! x

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    elemden ·
    • Hide content

The 'one-offs' in smaller sizes would make sense. I was looking at 18s and they were all the same. I may have picked an off day for that particular assistant but I found her really lacking, to the point at which I had 3 dresses still to try and I just turned around in the fitting room and just said that it wasn't really working was it, got dresses and left.

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the replies everyone! We went on Saturday and had a fab time and actually bought my dress ? I would recommend it to anyone!

They were really lovely and the assistant that helped me made me feel really comfortable! Plus the assistants last name was 'Simpson' and I'm going to be Mrs Simpson so I felt like it was fate!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics