Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katie_83
Beginner May 2010

The Woodstock Club in Sittingbourne,KENT

Katie_83, 14 January, 2010 at 08:39 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello All, I am getting married on 1st May 2010 and am having REAL troubles with my current venue, Wyvern Hall Sittingbourne, and am thinking of ditching them before they let as down even more. I am considering having the reception at The Woodstock Club in Sittingbourne, and am going to view it this Sunday. Has anyone had any experience with The Woodstock Club? or any advice on changing our venue 4months before the big day (invites haven’t been sent out yet, but everything else is booked) Hope someone can help Love Katie xx

3 replies

Latest activity by CupcakeQueen, 14 January, 2010 at 13:42
  • GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Can't help with the venues.

With regards to changing, have you signed a contract or paid a deposit? if so, then you need to check what penalties you'll receive (if any) for cancelling. If there is some, you need to factor that extra cost into your decision.

Have you actually spoken to your current venue about your problems? I'd suggest you go down that route first. Speak to a supervisor or manager or someone and address your concerns and ask them what they will do to help ensure everything goes smoothly.

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Hi Katie

I live in Sittingbourne too- feels strange when you see it on here- like bumping into real life!

I have booked the Woodstock Club for functions before- not weddings but did find them helpful. They generally just give you carte blanche to do what you like with the venue and although it may seem quite basic at first you will be able to decorate it and transform pretty much how you want to.

Have you looked on their website? I believe they have examples of wedding receptions held there before.

Good Luck

• Katie_83
    Beginner May 2010
    Katie_83 ·
    • Hide content

Hello Laura, (its a small world, ive lived in sittingbourne all my life)

Thanks for the info, I have checked out their website and im really happy with the pics, also I have had a chat with the man and he seems really pleasnt and helpfull. We are looking of a venue that dosnt cost the earth and that will let us have a real good party, so im hoping this place will tick all the boxes.

GordieBarbie - The venue have told as that they may not be able to do the wedding anymore as they are changing the hall into either a 150 peice gym or a "Lasar Quest"...but they could move as to a sports hall, which we dont want, and the events manager has changed 4 times in 12months and each time i have to go over all the wedding with them again

Thanks guys xx

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Glad to hear they were helpful.

Wyvan sound like a nightmare- if you can change I would, this colse to the wedding you don't want them telling you you cant have it there.

Let us know how you get on x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics