Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Dedicated March 2022 Hampshire

Theme colour/invitation send out

Samantha, 7 of May of 2021 at 12:05 Posted on Planning 0 8
Hello everyone I’m new here! I’ve had my wedding booked for about a year now but have only just found you all! I’m getting married in March 2022 and I’m struggling to decide on a colour theme, at the moment Navy blue is winning! If I had navy what colour suits would you recommend to go with that? I think if they were navy it would be too much with the bridesmaids as well? I also wanted to ask as I’ve recently bought my invitations online (formal not save the dates we are not doing save the dates) how far in advanced would you send them out? Thank you all for your help Smiley smile

8 replies

Latest activity by Shannon, 9 of May of 2021 at 10:41
  • Maria
    Savvy December 2021 South East London
    Maria ·
    • Hide content
    I think Grey suits would go well with navy bridesmaids dresses.

As for your invitations I would send them out at least 6 months in advance if you aren’t doing save the dates as people will be looking to book holidays etc for 2022
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    My wedding is March 2022 too! It seems so far away yet I know it will come around so fast! I used gallery island and downloaded a free invite template which I'm going to print off and also not doing save the date (the most expensive part will be the postage!) And I'm thinking to send them off by August ( I think I may include something about if (god forbid!) Covid rears up again 😭) the only thing is I dont know when to ask for RSVP? I want to know asap about who can come so I can finalise catering etc but dont want to be too pushy?? My colour theme is lilac and cream 😊
  • S
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Maria thanks for replying, I did think of grey but do you think it’s too dark and boring colours for a wedding? Ohh yeah that’s a good point I didn’t think of that, I’ll definitely send them out before or around 6 months
  • S
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Eeek how exciting! what date in March is your wedding? It’ll definitely come round so quickly! Ohh did you I was originally going to design ours and print them off but I fell in love with one on zazzle and they had 50% so I thought why not, I ordered the actual invite, details card and an rsvp card and the evening reception so I’m all done for invites now another thing to cross off of my list 😀 I asked for rsvp for 3 months before my wedding as my venue and caterer need numbers about 2 months before so it gives me enough time to chase people up if I haven’t heard from them by that date. I do wish I had included about covid on my details card, I think I might have to do another one just to say just incase but I wouldn’t know how to word something like that 🙈 ohh lilac and cream sounds beautiful!
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine is 19th march, I'm a little worried what the weather will bring considering last year was so hot and this year was the complete opposite! Fingers crossed for a good one next year! I think if it is a light enough grey it wont look too dark with the navy, what do u think the groom and best man would look good in regardless of bridesmaid dresses? If they would look good in light grey or beige even then that's a winner I think. My h2b is probably going to be in extremely dark navy, I dont think anything other than black would suit him and black just doesn't seem right for some reason. Let us know what u end up going with! Good luck
  • Maria
    Savvy December 2021 South East London
    Maria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Theme colour/invitation send out 1
    Theme colour/invitation send out 2
    If you haven’t already, download Pinterest. It’s so helpfully to quickly see what colours go with what for a wedding theme!
    Also with regards to invitations again, you could always email/text everyone a save the date as a precaution?

• Amy
    Beginner May 2023 Aberdeen & Deeside
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    I really like the grey/navy with hints of maroon/burgundy colour palate!
  • Shannon
    Dedicated August 2022 Vale Of Glamorgan
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    Blush pink and grey looks BEAUTIFUL with navy! Even if you only add small blush pink details like maybe in the flowers! We are having light blue with light grey and white

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics