Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gillsy
Beginner April 2010

There's a security tag on my shoes!!!!

Gillsy, 2 of July of 2013 at 12:49 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

I bought new shoes in Tesco on Saturday. Despite the fact that I tried them on both in the store and at home, I've only just realised when i took them out again last night that the security tag is still attached.

I'm presuming the door bells went off when I left the shop but I never noticed.

Does this seem suspect to take them back and ask for the tag to be removed?? Obviously I've got the receipt and I'm quite a presentable looking person.

8 replies

Latest activity by sal.san, 2 of July of 2013 at 16:40
  • Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I used to forget to take the tags off/deactivate them all the time when I worked in a shop. If you've got the receipt it shouldnt be a problem.

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you've got the receipt then no it won't look suspect. It's their mistake not yours!

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Haha Bonnie!!!

its 'kinda' my fault as I went through the self service thingy.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I had a tag left on some pajamas once and like the fool I am tried to remove it myself-mega fail!

They will take it off no bother.

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Whilst on the subject of security tags, I bought a top in Asda the other day (self service checkouts) and asked the woman who was there to deactivate the security tag. She turned around and said, its ok there is nothing on there and when I left the shop, the alarm goes off! Bl00dy annoyed as I did ask her to remove/deactivate the tag!!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

This happened to me with tescos a couple of months back! Take them back with the receipt to the customer service desk and they can take it off.

Amusingly the lady at the customer service desk in our Tesco never even asked to see the receipt, she just took the tag off but make sure you've got it!!

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Ouch!!!

But nice "compensation" Bonnie!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics