Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

teeheeyoucrazyguys!

These are no ordinary M&S knickers...

teeheeyoucrazyguys!, 24 of February of 2009 at 16:49 Posted on Planning 0 7

These are useless knickers!! Infact they are a size 18 and despite the 34 inch waist I profess to have I am rather perturbed that they are classed as a size 18..... the basque arrived too, I'll keep it for now but not wholly convinced either. It certainly doesnt sook me in and might just overheat me so that I pass out. hate buying undies online now, bah....off to do some exercise on the Wii now as I have just scared myself...

7 replies

Latest activity by Faruk, 20 of March of 2022 at 12:30
  • bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! Don't be scared!

You've still got plenty of time anyway, must admit, I get too hot in Basques to be wearing one all day! xx

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to take them back to my local store and get them exchanged fomr something better - and smaller!!

I really hoped the smoothing basque would do just that but the boning is only down the sides which is a shame, still its long enough to cover my tummy, i might just tuck it in to my knicks!

• M
    Beginner November 2009
    milsonio ·
    • Hide content

Ive bought a "firm control" body for my wedding day... Im a size 8 and it does not pull me in even the slightest bit... rubbish! someone needs to reccomend some magic knickers!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Spanx are amazing if you aren't wearing anything slinky because the seam right down the middle shows through but apart from that they really do suck you in without any lumps appearing.

Teehee I tried a basque and sent it straight back because I think unless someone is a size 8 they don't look good on (the one I had was a proper bridal one with lace and all fancy so I had high hopes). I'm a size 12 and I looked horrible and it was so unflattering, for once I thought I looked better naked which says something!

• M
    Beginner November 2009
    milsonio ·
    • Hide content

I found with basques that i bulged at the sides between my knickers and the bottom of the basque. i think theyre not good full stop!! not very flattering at al all!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

That basque is long enough to tuck into high waisted knickers or just long enough to leave well alone. As my bodice of the dress is quite thick as its all rouched I'm still unsure if I'll keep it....

Other basques ive worn in the past certainly do buldge etc, you're right.

(meanwhile I am so rubbish at maths that I need to make more invitations as i failed to make enough, duhhhhhhh)

• T
    Tanta ·
    • Hide content

Someone size 8 needing 'firm control'!!!! ? Oh to be anywhere near size 8. ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics