Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Thin, baby-fine hair

18 of December of 2013 at 22:54 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

So, we all know I'm a baldy-headed coot. It's really bad at the top of my head now.

I haven't added any extra colour to my natural blonde (how could I be anything else?!!) hair since March, in the hope that that would help, but it hasn't, if anything it looks worse than ever. It definitely looks fuller and better with colour in it but because I am a stupid dumbass and have banged (or have had banged for me) my head so many different times across the last four months, I daren't put a highlight kit on it as I don't know whether all the cuts have healed.

What the heck can I do to make my hair thicker, fuller and less bald-looking?

Aussie volume shampoo works well but I also seem to have some sort of skin sensitivity there now as most scented shampoos really itch and sting; Aussie is really heavily scented as we know.

Any help gladly taken!

Love from your balding hitcher ☹️

8 replies

Latest activity by Tizzie, 19 of December of 2013 at 22:52
  • Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

How often do you wash it? If it's every day try and cut down - use a dry shampoo for the off days, it will add volume too x

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I have uber thin hair and discovered this shampoo which makes a huge difference for me (you can get a serum too but I rarely have time to apply in the morning) https://www.boots.com/nutrasome-thickening-shampoo-200ml-10016406 it can make your hair feel dry if you don't use a conditioner but with a conditioner its fine. Has good reviews on boots website too.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I've also got baby thin hair, I hate my hair.

The best shampoo I've found is called nioxin- I buy it from eBay as it's cheaper but it's still pricey. Although the bottle lasts for ages and I really did notice a difference. If you google nioxin there is loads if info available on it.

When I'm drying it I also use a John Frieda thickening spray, it's the best styling product I've found and again I think it works.

• Twiga
    Beginner April 2012
    Twiga ·
    • Hide content

Mousse! It's worth paying a bit more for a good one as it lasts for a lot longer and doesn't leave your hair feeling at all sticky (I've got the KMS one and it is excellent - costs £10).

Added comedy bonus - I found H using it as shaving foam the other day ?

• lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content

I think you can also give a go to Aloe Vera products.

In Brazil we cut the plant and in it goes straight to the hair and after a few months using it you can notice the difference!

I used it for hair loss when I was about 16 and have had a full head of tick hair since. Of course could have just been genetic and something to do with my teenage years, but it did make a difference in the end.

Not sure if the bottled products work as well, but on the absence of the real thing, might be worth testing.

I think a hitcher here is a seller of Forever (sorry can't remember who!) so might be easy to get it from her?

Good luck

x

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

My hair is really fine too, and apparently heavy (weirdly enough) lately I've sacrificed the length in order to get a bit of volume, and always have layers in it. This seems to make the overall look thicker. I've got an Aveda mousse that is good, but makes hair quite dull. Mrs Imp I'm going to try that shampoo, thanks

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

I am reading this thread with interesting. Especially as l tried a new hairdresser today who blew dry and straightened my hair to within an inch of it's life so it is now looking very fine and limp. I miss the big bouncy blow dry l used to get from my last hairdresser. I virtually have a comb over at the moment ?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

This:

https://www.regaine.co.uk/women/products

And mousse.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I hate my horrible thin hair. I'm losing quite a bit at the moment. I use only a little conditioner and not on my roots. I can't skip a day washing though it looks crap. I like Aussie but don't use it often. I've only tried mousse once and it looked terrible! I try to keep my hair shoulder length but I'll be looking at some of these shampoos.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics