Skip to main content
Rachel
Dedicated June 2023 Greater Manchester

Things left to do

Rachel, 8 May 2022 at 09:26 Posted on Planning 0 16
Saved
Hi everybody
We’re not getting married till June 2023 and I feel like we have gone to a holt with wedding plans and can’t think of what else to do before getting bridesmaid/ usher outfits ..
what could we do in the mean time ? We’ve done the following so farVenue dressedInvites waiting for them to arrive to hand outSave the dates went out in March Brides dressGroom is getting suit early next yearPhotographer deposit doneCake going looking in a few weeksDj done Table plan done Wedding Songs half done

16 replies

Latest activity by Rachel, 12 May 2022 at 18:35
  • Sarah
    Dedicated June 2023 Worcestershire
    Sarah ·
    Hi Rachel, another June 23 bride here.

The only other things i have booked on top of your list is hair & make up & transport.
    Have also purchased some items to go on our Mr & Mrs Table like a card/gift basket & a guest signing poster. X
  • Megan
    Curious May 2023 Derbyshire
    Megan ·
    I feel so bored now the planning is over! We only really have grooms/groomsmen suits, bridesmaids and flower girl dresses (I know what we want just waiting to buy at a suitable time for them all), and booking transport left.

What about favours will you be having those? Something to think about / organise if so. I’ve been on an Etsy spree recently finding bits for the two childrens boxes (activity packs, bubbles etc etc)
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    View quoted message
    Hi Sarah
    Ooo I’ve done half and make up too just need to look at some ideas to do hair and make up , that’s a cute idea for mr and mrs table xx
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    View quoted message
    Same same we don’t need transportation as it’s all in one place and staying the night before need to book them but waiting for summer to book that as it’s another expense Smiley smile
    We’re not having favours we’re doing a charity donation in my partners father name is he sadly won’t be there on the big day in my memory
    Ooo that’s a good idea for things to keep little people busy ..Where you thinking of getting your bridesmaid/ flower girls dresses from ? Xx
  • Emily
    Beginner February 2023 Hertfordshire
    Emily ·
    We are a February '23 wedding and just booked the Venue and meeting with the church in a couple of weeks!! Almost opposite of you ladies 😮 I have become obsessed with hitched planning articles and all my Internet history is dresses, flowers, cakes and decoration ideas 🤣 maybe I'm too chilled about this whole thing.... or maybe I need to be more like you and get booking- which now we have the reception venue booked we can do. At least you can relax for a bit now all the big items are ticked off the list. X
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    View quoted message
    Wedding dresses have a 6 month wait when I ordered mine last year and picked it up this January just gone just got to have it taken in and a little bit taken off as it’s a bit too long ..also lots of big things like photography have very little availability luckily we was talking to ours for a while before we decided to go with them and they are such great people and good sense of humour to bounce off .. yeah yours is coming around so fast soon be here .. yeah I was like that reading hitched planning in the first few weeks then set a plan ! ☺️☺️
    Always here if you need any help xx
  • Megan
    Curious May 2023 Derbyshire
    Megan ·
    View quoted message
    Aww that’s lovely making the charity donation in place of favours. Yes we are only having my partners niece and nephew and no other children but wanted to make them a pack to entertain them for a while whilst there’s speeches etc!

We are thinking of buying the bridesmaid dresses from rewritten the online store, also like TH&TH. Then for the flower girl I have found some lovely ones on Etsy! But will wait until nearer the time so we can get her sizing accurate haha xx
  • Emily
    Beginner February 2023 Hertfordshire
    Emily ·
    View quoted message
    I have booked a Bridal appointment in July with my sister and sister in law. Followed by afternoon tea to talk dresses and wedding!! July was the soonest all 3nofnus had the same day free!
  • Michelle
    Beginner June 2023 Greater Manchester
    Michelle ·
    I'm getting married same time got my dress shoes all bridesmaids ordered wedding wishesbooked flowers booked hair photographer made my pop up favour boxes personalised them done glassine bags of happy tears tissues and confetti ones designed my own m&ms for favours invites to do but table plan done guestbook done satin robes ordered now I'm bored. Just the bigger part of paying the venue ect
  • H
    Beginner July 2023 Somerset
    Hannah ·
    Woah you have done loads!! Congratulations!! Enjoy some time searching insta at different things, get some inspiration over the wedding period as your thoughts might change on some things ❤️
  • Chloe
    Rockstar July 2023 Cornwall
    Chloe ·

I'm in a similar situation! We're shopping around a bit for centrepieces (which you might be able to do if you don't go for flowers) and debating buying wedding party gifts as long as they aren't body size dependant in case this changes, I've also been designing our invites on Canva and tinkering about with our order of the day Smiley smile

• Nicola
    Beginner June 2024 Powys
    Nicola ·
    Congratulations on your wedding, and you’ve already done so much!
    General decor and signage? I’ve seen some lovely ideas on Pinterest and going to attempt to have a go at making some myself - although I’m not too sure how well it will go.
  • Kirsty
    Curious June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·

I am also a June 2023 bride. I'm in the same situation, I have pretty much done everything and have booked everything I need to. I went dress shopping last Saturday and found the dress, its been ordered and will arrive in March next year.

This month we are meeting with our florist to pick out flowers and our baker to do a cake tasting and then next month we are meeting the vicar at our church. After that I'm not sure I have much left to do until I send out the invites.

I have found somewhere on etsy to get my signage for the day, but I think its too early to get all that yet.

• C
    Beginner June 2023 Hertfordshire
    Claire ·

Wow! I'm getting married June 2023 and you're all making me panic! LOL!Smiley xd I thought I had loads of time. We've booked our venue, it comes as a package so food, DJ etc included but haven't got a dress appointment until July - that's the earliest I could get all my girls together!Smiley atonished

• Kitty90
    Beginner May 2023 Greater Manchester
    Kitty90 ·
    I am planning to get married in June 2023 too (abroad - so far have only spoken a wedding coordinator but not actually booked anything yet!). This thread has made me realise we better get our skates on! 😂
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    Thank you everybody 💜
    Bought myself some shoes to do personalised on to keep me busy for the next bank holiday also booked a day to go look at ideas for bridesmaid dresses with my MOH so we can plan hen do too at the same time
    Hope all your planning is going well and not too stressful xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics