Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Thinking of business names...

beehappy_87, 11 June, 2012 at 15:19 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi.

I am thinking of starting a business in Wedding planning after i enjoyed planning my own wedding so much!!! and helping out with friends weddings but I am struggling to come up with a good business name or ideas for a name......

If anyone has any ideas, please help me out!

Thanks x

3 replies

Latest activity by Katie V, 12 June, 2012 at 10:06
  • R
    Beginner June 2013
    Rubie ·
    • Hide content

Ah, the joys of business ownership. Trust me this isn't your biggest problem.

But as it is what you asked think about your target market, and your unique selling point. What will you offer? Why is it special? Who is the audience?

Or if you're one of those people who needs a name to start give it a working title of your name/area wedding planning and crack on

• westlakedesignsbasic
    westlakedesignsbasic ·
    • Hide content

Just a little pointer, if you are wanting to register your name so that it is unique to you don't use any words that describe your business!! Sounds strange I know but my name The Modern Vintage Bride can't be registered because it states that I am catering for the Modern, vintage and bride lol, whereas if I had called myself something like Archers ( which is my name) then I could have branded it!! That's if it hadn't been taken already, good luck on your new venture Smiley smile

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Do lots of research into other Event and Wedding Planning businesses so you don't end up with someone else's name as this can cause massive problems later on and can work out very expensive if you have already designed stationery, websites etc. Own names are a good option for wedding planners as many of the other names that one would associate with planning may already be taken or a tad dated!

As the wedding market is very fickle and trends change very quickly, it's a good idea to aim your business at a particular section of the market i.e, budget, middle of the road, top end weddings. Once you've decided this, then your name needs to reflect the image you want to create.

Just a couple of other important things regarding wedding planning, insurance is an absolute must. A training course is also a good idea too to learn all the aspects of the business both good and bad! A trusted selection of suppliers that won't let you down at the last minute is also a necessity together with another set of suppliers that can step in to help if there is a problem with your usual ones. It's very hard work and long hours as you probably already know so making sure that you make a profit by pricing your time correctly is essential too. It's very tempting when starting out in business to underprice yourself in order to get bookings (I know of people who have tried this!) but if you aren't making any money, then it soon becomes disheartening.

Having said that, wedding work is very, very rewarding and I wish you all the luck in your new venture.

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

My advice would try to be a little generic too. If you decide on some names that only shout wedding planning that you might be stuck if you decide to expand. You never know in a few years it might be that you are organising all sorts of events.

I specifically chose my business name as generic so that I could change the direction if need be. And 5 years on that's exactly what I've done. I started doing tiara's and now do more and more millinery items. I'm also looking into clothing. Whereas if I'd just been called: "Katie's Tiara's" etc then I'd have been totally stuck.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics