Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ShropshireLass
Beginner April 2014

Thinking of walking down the aisle to...

ShropshireLass, 30 of July of 2013 at 19:03 Posted on Planning 0 8

...José González, Heartbeats.

Or do I send the bridesmaids/flower girl/page boy down with this track and have good old "Here comes the bride" for my grand entrance??

Also, I'm not a huuuge fan of Mendelssohn for the return journey so trying to think of something else churchy or not that would be appropriate. Would be great to hear some suggestions! Smiley smile

8 replies

Latest activity by ShropshireLass, 31 of July of 2013 at 12:41
  • *Munchkin*
    Beginner October 2013
    *Munchkin* ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE 'Heartbeats' and considered it for my entrance song. Ultimately, we've gone with something else as OH felt it took too long to get into the catchiest part of the song given that it's just one BM and me entering! It would definitely be awesome for a larger entrance though.

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

It is a lovely song! Are you getting married in a church or having a civil ceremony? I only ask because it might be seen as having religious connotations which isn't usually allowed in a civil ceremony.

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

We're having a church wedding.

I'm so so torn...I love the song so much but not sure it would last the bridal party and then me walking down the aisle?

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Out of interest - what's the religious connotations of Heartbeats? Have I missed something?

I'm of no help whatsoever, I'm afraid, struggling to think of an entrance song we'd both be happy with, is the right tempo and that doesn't have totally inappropriate lyrics!

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Have a listen to this .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9c41RXs0Qc

My daughter had this for her recessional!

• M
    Beginner July 2014
    MegaExcitedB2B! ·
    • Hide content

Im walking in and were walking out to the same track, which is the instrumental version of 'A Thousand Years'. Originally by Christina Perri but the instrumental version is by Lewis Flores..!

I love the song but couldn't see it with the singing in and found the instrumental instead!

your song is lovely! Have you not considered the same song walking out played low as all your guests will be cheering anyway no doubt so the music will be background?

xx

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I love Heartbeats. Lovely song.

Also I'm having the instrumental version of A Thousand Years as our recessional song too!

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

Snadysounds, LOVE that version of Mendelssohn!!

Off to have a listen to a thousand years...

(Ps..Heartbeats mentions the devil in one of the verses, hence the religious connotation)

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

Oh my, I love that song!! It's the song from How to train your dragon, isn't it?? Lovely lyrics...

Well, that's just completely thrown me now...will do some consulting with OH and try to make a decision!

Thanks lovely ladies! :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics