Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner January 2016

This time in 5 weeks... *BIG FLASH*

NoMoore, 11 of December of 2015 at 15:50 Posted on Planning 0 14

Afternoon lovely ladies,

I thought I would cheer myself up this miserable friday afternoon and put together a big flash as it's 5 weeks tomorrow to the big day!!

Background:

We met on the internet 5 years ago, and had our first date on 16th December. I got rather sarcastic with him during the date (I told him off for being rude!!) and we both thought we wouldn't see each other again! A few days later, he invited me over... and the rest is history! I moved in 18 months later, and we are currently buying our first house.

Proposal:

For my 30th birthday (early may 2015), we were going to the USA for 2 weeks. He sat me down and told me that he would not be proposing, he doesn't want me to be upset if he doesn't and he wanted to make it clear it would not be happening. Liar liar pants on fire!!!! He had been planning it for 4 months!! Sadly my aunt died a couple of weeks before our holiday, but he had told her in January what he was planning! We had upgraded to Upper Class on the way to San Francisco, and when we went to the bar on the flight for a drink, he went off to the toilet. I was chatting away to the crew and all of a sudden they went quiet and looked behind me... I turned to see him down on one knee holding a ring! My first reaction was 'what the **** are you doing'!! Eventually I said yes.. I couldn't believe it, I thought he was joking! It was lovely as we were meeting my dad and sister for dinner that evening so they were the first to see us.

Fast forward 6 months and here we are, 5 weeks away from our wedding!

We are having a piper throughout the day although I'm planing to have a Mumford & Sons instrumental to walk down the aisle to! (Mumford & Sons is the reason he contacted me on the internet site!) We are also having 'you got a friend in me' from toy story and 'best friend' by queen during our signing. Our ceremony is humanist and we are having both a handfasting and a sharing of the quaich between the families. Our first dance is The One by Kodaline and I've arranged for OH to get up with the band to sing Dignity as it's his karaoke favourite. We are also having singing waiters during the meal! Oh and our videographer will also be filming a marryoke video throughout the day - possibly to I Believe in a Thing Called Love by the Darkness!

We are also having a sweepstake for the length of the best mans speech, and a coin toss, to raise money for the two charities mentioned below. And the guests will be offered a whisky produced by OH with his name on it for the toast.

I am providing flip flops, a basket of fleece tartan blankets and a bathroom basket with little signs personalised with our name and date.

Venue: Balbirnie House, Fife (I'm hoping for snow!)

Ceremony Room (our sashes are pewter grey with a navy band):

Ballroom:

But it will look more like this:

Table Decorations - candelabras but they will have mirrored plates, navy table runners, table crystals and will be wrapped in ivy with pearl garlands hanging. the top table will have miniature love lights, our bouquets in vases and some lanterns with candles in them.

We are also having a candy cart (I won it):

and making our own photobooth with something similar to these balloons as a backdrop, the props will be in a genuine vintage suitcase:

Our table plan is something like this... the table names are places we have been on holiday, and I've printed photos of us in each place to have on the table with a little note on the back to say when we were there and a little bit about the holiday:

Our invites and place names:

Our favours will be charity pins - BHF for women (for my aunt) and Sepsis Trust for men (for FIL). Children are having a personalised activity pack.

We have two guestbooks...:

Our cake is this:

With these sat on a tier and artificial sunflowers arranged on it:

My bridesmaids are in a gorgeous coast dress:

My flowers are similar to these but with red gerberas and some heather:

Not sure which of these roses to have... miss piggy (lighter) or cherry brandy (brighter):

My outfit... I don't have a photo of my jewellery as it's been handmade but the earrings are pearl drops and the bracelet is pearls with navy blue beads dotted through it.

(Love these nails so having something similar)

Mine is zip/buttons all the way, no corset back:

these for the day (OHs tartan):

And these for the ceilidh in the evening:

and my hair something like:

Wow.. I think that's pretty much everything! I am so excited now I have put it all together and thought about everything!

14 replies

Latest activity by Tidal Wave, 14 of December of 2015 at 13:52
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

OMG NoMoore it all looks bloody fantastic! Dress is gorgeous and I could dive into that cake face first. Love the tartan shoes. Love it all. Almost wish I was having a big wedding a reception.

You do realise dirty wellies won't 'go' don't you? Lol. Xx

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely amazing flash, your dress is stunning and the tartan shoes! Wow! So many lovely quirky ideas in there to make it personal to you, I genuinely love it all! Can't wait for the report!!

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Rach... I'm so happy you said that, as I really did want it to be slightly quirky and hints of 'us' rather than just another big wedding! We have over 100 guests! The humanist ceremony will be fab, I read our 'script' and I love that it's about us as a couple rather than just some legal service.

Jayne E - I am putting it in writing that I will get my wellies cleaned by the end of this weekend :-)

Forgot to mention our witnesses are my oldest school friend and OHs oldest school friend, and while my dad isn't giving me away he will be doing a reading. My little sister is also one of my bridesmaids. We have tried to involve the important people as best we can. My uncle is giving me away and will be wearing tartan trousers!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Sounds amazing. I hope it snows for you. The wellies are finally getting cleaned!!! Yeah!!! Lol.

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

I keep remembering details I forgot myself! We have confetti made

of rose petals and lavender... The cones are made

from maps. I have sticks of rock from

my home town and personalised love heart packets yo

go on the candy cart :-)

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Baylis for your lovely comments. I have tried hard to prevent it from being too much of a cookie cutter wedding and I can't wait for it all to come together! I see you are getting married in Cyprus, beautiful! Our first holiday was Cyprus and we actually met my maid of honour there on her honeymoon! We are now godparents to their son and they moved to the same town as us! I bet your wedding will be gorgeous!

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

If you can believe it they were £20 from

Ebay! Ok so they aren't as detailed and personalised as some but I couldn't bring myself to pay £150!

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Great pics! Wishing you all the best for your wedding in 5 weeks' time, not long now!

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day Smiley smile 5 weeks is going to fly by!

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

What a great flash! The time is going to fly by.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Stunning - not long to go now! x

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous flash!

The venue does look really pretty with the snow. Love the evening shoes - very clever! All the little bits as well.

Bet you can't wait to get into January now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics