Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Knownowt

Thomas Sanderson blinds- anyone?

Knownowt, 4 August, 2009 at 11:09 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

TS are coming round to give me a quote for venetian blinds. On the phone they were v keen to ensure that both H and I would be there, which to me is the sign of hard sell shysters (they want to close the deal there and then so don't want to give you the easy way out of saying "I must talk to my H") Does anyone know if they're ok?

8 replies

Latest activity by Knownowt, 4 August, 2009 at 17:46
  • Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure I read on here last week that somebody's OH had just started working for them. Hopefully she'll spot this and come on. I'm sorry that I can't remember who it was.

• HaloHoney
    Beginner July 2007
    HaloHoney ·
    • Hide content

Hay is the hitcher whose H has started work for them.

HTH ?

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

My sister used to work there - they are HARD sellers, but they do have nice quality blinds, just stand your ground - they cant force you to part with your money

Good luck

SC

• Rache
    Beginner January 2004
    Rache ·
    • Hide content

Go to John Lewis, you know you want to?

• anjumanji
    anjumanji ·
    • Hide content

I had them around a couple of months ago and they do apply the hard sell. The guy wanted me to call my H who was at work and get an answer from him there and then. He even hung around cos my H was busy and said he'd call back later. He was at mine for over 2 hours. I went with a local company in the end.

• Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

What about making an appointment with Hillary's? I found their prices really reasonable - maybe you could tell TS that you have an appointment with Hillary's the following evening and you won't make a decision until you've got their quote? Give you some breathing space?

• L
    Beginner July 2003
    Lady T ·
    • Hide content

I have blinds from TS, I didn't particulary find them hard sellers, although tbh I had made up my mind before they came that I wanted them (they were specific blinds though and I couldn't find anyone else that made them)

• B
    bobbly1 ·
    • Hide content
  • Knownowt
    Knownowt ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. Well, the guy has been and he was fine- no hard sell at all. He has also intrigued me the idea of shutters instead of blinds, hmmmmm...expensive though compared to our local company (who also seem very good).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics