Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K_Jackson_In_Waiting
Beginner July 2011

Thoresby Hall

K_Jackson_In_Waiting, 31 May, 2009 at 18:49 Posted on Planning 0 15

I was just wondering if anyone is planning to get married there or has been to view it. I was wondering what their prices were like and how friendly and accommodating they were?

any help would be great, thankyou =)

15 replies

Latest activity by K_Jackson_In_Waiting, 4 June, 2009 at 12:51
  • I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Omg its so beautiful and the staff are lovely! thats where me mum and grandma went on our spa night. When i nearly drowned. you have to contact them to find out their prices because they dont publish them. but i think it will be pretty pricey as the rooms are top notch!

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

It's lovely there, but can be pricey. We stayed for a weekend in january and it cost us almost £500 for two of us. x

• K_Jackson_In_Waiting
    Beginner July 2011
    K_Jackson_In_Waiting ·
    • Hide content

Omg i'd forgotten that's where you stayed!! we're thinking of viewing it as they say they can cater to any budget and they look brill.

Mrs spink to be - wow that is expensive. may still visit to see what they can do but will have to find a hotel near by for people to stay in as my family cant afford that

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Indeed we cannot. it seems to be a bit in the middle of no where ville though so might have problems. i was going to suggest as part of my hennie as the spa was absolutely amazing! i have never been so relaxed my whole life

• K_Jackson_In_Waiting
    Beginner July 2011
    K_Jackson_In_Waiting ·
    • Hide content

Definately!! I'm thinking of eden hall (it's just a day spa) then staying over night in a local hotel

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

When we went to eden hall we stayed in a lovely b&b in the middle of nowhere just a few miles away. It really was lovely. The woman who ran it went to market to get us fresh breakfast and drove us to the local pub. She couldnt do enough for us. I'll have to ask my OH of the name of it. I'm thinking of that for my hen do too, well a bit of it. It's nice so my gma can come too! ?

• K_Jackson_In_Waiting
    Beginner July 2011
    K_Jackson_In_Waiting ·
    • Hide content

Awwww thats so sweet that your going to take your grandma!! If you could get the name of the place that'd be great. the land lady sounds lovely! I took my OH to eden hall last summer and he loved it, said he felt like royalty

• F
    Beginner
    fruby ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I was at a wedding at Thoresby on saturday. They got married at the church in Perlethorpe and then had the rest at the hotel. It is a spectacular venue. If you want the fairytale wedding and the flimstar treatment it's a good choice. We had drinks on the terrace, meal in the blue room and evening do in the riding stables. The main room inside where we waited to be sent into the meal had balcon'es next to the stair case where they had very romeo and juliet photos!! I obviously don't know what they paid but from what the brides mum told us it was pretty pricey.

Downsides to me were that the hotel guests were just mixed in with us so imagine being done up to the nines and sitting next to the people in spa dressing gowns or shorts and oasis style sun hats!! Also the food was good but nothing special and the service was rrreealllyyy slow. Also in terms of rooms I know that the guests who stayed there had to book for a minimum of 2 nights and that you have to be over 21 to stay there. They had a limit of ten people under 21 at the reception too. The guests who needed a hotel but couldn't afford to/didn't want to stay there stayed at the clumber park hotel up the road but needed taxis as it's a couple of miles away.

For me I have been to similarly stunning venues and better weddings but much cheaper and more accomodating to guests. HTH

• K_Jackson_In_Waiting
    Beginner July 2011
    K_Jackson_In_Waiting ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou. that's really helpful. it's put me off it actually so might look for some more places that are cheaper then. always worries me when they don't put prices on their brochure, means it'll be expensive

• F
    Beginner
    fruby ·
    • Hide content

They also had had a few issues with them in the run up. The wedding planner left under funny circumstances but the brides mum had been trying to get in touch with her for a month or so and nobody had mentioned she'd left. They then were told they had been overcharged by £3000- which is one heck of an overcharge and makes me think it was a pretty pricey do if that was the overcharge!

Hope you didn't have your heart set on it and I've now put you off though! I am a bit wedding weary as that was the second of 2 in 6 days with 2 small children tagging along! It probably made me a bit more picky than I would normally be x

• K_Jackson_In_Waiting
    Beginner July 2011
    K_Jackson_In_Waiting ·
    • Hide content

My heart wasn't set on it don't worry. i'm just trying to get a list of venues to visit with my OH. i have no idea where to start. we want a manor house or castle in the midlands and i'm struggling to find one that gives us the freedom we want on the wedding day ie hog roast instead of sit down meal, poss a marque cos of the new summer date we have. really struggling to find a place that makes me think yeh i want to visit that place

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Be careful when looking at the prices. d and i looked at a couple where marquee was an option and they charged for grounds hire, then you had to pay for the marquee and all the decoration including tables chairs electricity charges etc on top of catering and it all added up to between £7000 and £9000 a pop.

• N
    Beginner October 2009
    nofavours ·
    • Hide content

I have a spreadsheet of midlands venues that I can send you if you like. It has some details of prices and other random bits, and if nothing else, it's a list of websites in one place!

• K_Jackson_In_Waiting
    Beginner July 2011
    K_Jackson_In_Waiting ·
    • Hide content

That'd be great =) my email is ***********@*******.***

thankyou =D

• Lee_Jon_Wedding_Singer
    Lee_Jon_Wedding_Singer ·
    • Hide content

Hi There,

Sorry to crash, we reently attended the wedding fayre at Thoresby Hall I believe they are having another one in October so it might be an idea to visit then. I personally had my hen day there and found it fantastic, it is a great venue for a fairytale wedding.

Thanks

Hollie?

• K_Jackson_In_Waiting
    Beginner July 2011
    K_Jackson_In_Waiting ·
    • Hide content

Thanks =) might pop up for it to have a look

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics