Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner September 2011

Those difficult last few pounds

nobumbooby, 3 of May of 2011 at 14:50 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 7

Hi there

This is my first post- if you are wondering where my username comes from it is because, despite being slightly chubby, I have no bum and too much boob!

My story is that I was a skinny at uni (I was around 9 stone which looked pretty thin on me as I am 5 foot 7), have always sat comfortably around 11 stone but look my best just under 10. My wedding is in August and I have been trying since Christmas to get to my ideal weight. I've dropped from 11 stone 4ish to 10 stone 8ish with a combination of healthy eating (watching the calories too), ladies bootcamp and running (I'm doing my first half marathon at the end of the year- argggghhhh!). The 10 pounds are proving really slow and I've been sat at the same weight for ages. I'm strict with myself most of the time and have even been having diet coke in the pub and things like that.

I just wanted to know if there was anyone out there with a similar amount to lose (what I call vanity pounds) with a similar amount of time to do it? Also, has anyone found a good way to break through the plateau? I'm contemplating Dukan at the mo although it is not ideal for my running training. I really want to do this as I have had a lifetime of photos that I am embarassed about. It would be really nice to have the feeling of satisfaction on my wedding day that I am at my ideal weight and actually looking the best that I can.

Would be great to hear from folks.

Thanks

7 replies

Latest activity by nobumbooby, 30 of May of 2011 at 19:12
  • Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Hey, I've gone from 11st 12lb to 9st, but my goal ideal weight is 8st 5lb. I hover between 9st 2lb and 8st 10lb, but takes ages to lose anything and then I have one weekend away and I shoot right back up. The first three stone went gradually but at least it went. I'm stuck around the 9st mark and have been since Christmas! I don't know what to do and I'm beginning to think that maybe 9st is the weight I'm supposed to be?

• N
    Beginner September 2011
    nobumbooby ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Mellow_Yellow. 9 stone sounds very light! What height are you? If 9 stone gives you a healthy BMI then I guess it is just, like me, a case of losing vanity pounds and it might be quite hard work! 3 stone weight loss is brilliant by the way- what diet did you follow?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I'm only 5ft 1in, so although 9st gets me in to the ideal range of BMI, my absolute ideal (BMI of 22) is supposedly 8st 5lb. Definitely vanity pounds, although every month that goes by unsuccessful makes me think that I'm not meant to be that weight. :-(

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No diet as such. Reduced my portion sizes quite dramatically, put an end to eating out and takeaways all the time, don't keep junk food/juice in the house. I started exercising arould August when the weight loss became slower and harder, that helped to shift about the last half stone - but like I say I've been stuck since Christmas. The first few stone really wasn't that hard (wasn't easy either right enough) but this last half stone is torture!

• N
    Beginner September 2011
    nobumbooby ·
    • Hide content

Mellow_yellow, yip those last few pounds are the toughest unfortunately and my body just seems to want to stay where it is! But amazingly, just weighed myself after one day on the Dukan diet and I appear to have lost 2.5 lbs! This puts me lighter than I've been for a couple of years. I fully expect that most of this must be fluid, but still, it's encouraging. I'm keeping track of the calories too. I don't want to go mad on the meat intake- seems that it was much easier to keep within 1200 calories without feeling hungry on the high protein intake. I even managed to go for a little 15 minute run. I'll see how it goes today (I must admit I feel a little bit nauseous this morning!).

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

You should join in our Friday weekly weigh-in! How did you get on this week, still being good?

• A
    Beginner July 2011
    Aleox ·
    • Hide content

I feel the same - went from 11st 4 and am now 9st 5lb but ideally aiming for 9 st and just seem stuck on these last few points. Have been this weight for weeks. As soon as I have a treat my weight shoots back up and then I have to diet strictly to get back to 9st 5lb but just can't seem to get under that. I'm not sure if this is the weight my body wants to be, like you say it's more vanity weight as my BMI is fine would just feel nicer 5 lb lighter which is silly as would probably look the same!

• N
    Beginner September 2011
    nobumbooby ·
    • Hide content

Have had the most disasterous couple of weeks diet wise- went to Warsaw for work for a week and so had to eat what was given to me, and have had the worst cold ever since I have got back meaning that I haven't done any exercise at all! My digital scales have got a bit wet so I'm waiting for the display to dry out to see if they still work- a bit scared to look now! Going back to the attack phase of the diet tomorrow and will get down to some serious exercise once I can breath through my nose again! A bit panicked- only 2 months to shift the weight now!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics