Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

thefuturemrsclarke
Beginner July 2010

those of you feeding your guests once?

thefuturemrsclarke, 8 February, 2010 at 12:56 Posted on Planning 0 10

What arfe your timings of the day and what type of food are you having.

i need to decide weather to do this or to have a sit down and then evening buffet, i have a vanue meeting soon but just wondered some suggestions, cos i need to be getting my invites done and that a bit hard if i dont know what time to have my ceremony.

10 replies

Latest activity by Lucy137, 9 February, 2010 at 18:22
  • Mrs Tonner 2010
    Beginner June 2010
    Mrs Tonner 2010 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at 4 and having a BBQ at around 7, with gourmet burgers and sausages, steak, chicken breast and sword fish! With salad, crusty rolls etc

Can't wait!! It's all being done on a big grill by the hotel chef, on the balcony!! Hehe!

• Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Nom nom nom!!

xx

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sarahv75 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at 3.30pm and then having our meal (fish and chips, followed by cheesecake!) at 6pm.

I was worried about the day guests getting hungry in the evening, and the evening guests having nothing to eat at all, so we're letting everyone eat the cupcake wedding cake at 9pm and are also having a candy bar! We're also considering doing bacon butties but not sure if we really need it...

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at 4pm. Drinks reception is from 4.30pm to 5.45pm and then dinner is served at 6.00pm (we're not having additional evening guests)

Unlike a 1.00pm (ish) ceremony, guests will have had breakfast and/or lunch so shouldn't be hungry. Previoulsy when I've been to weddings around lunchtime I haven't eaten as been too busy getting ready and by the time dinner is served (often late aroun 4pm/5pm) i've been starving and the booze has gone straight to my head.

since our dinner won't finish till around 8.00pm at the earliest people won't need fed again

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes... have to admit, I've been one of those folks at too many weddings.... It's very hypocritical but I hope I have no-one like me at my wedding ? ?

• navychick
    Beginner August 2011
    navychick ·
    • Hide content

We're also getting married at 4pm. Will do canapes and drinks for those at the ceremony as I worried that it may be too long a time for them to wait for food, and then a posh BBQ like Mrs Tonner at around 7pm. I worried that a finger buffet in the evening wouldn't be enough for those attending the ceremony so we went for the BBQ.

• aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content

We're similar to trudy, getting married at 4, followed by some photos and a drinks reception with canapes. dinner is served at 7 - tho a sit down meal, not BBQ. cake cutting is at 9pm and i don't think anyone will need feeding after since we've got to vacate our venue by midnight anyway. we are having our evening guests come at 6, so they get a glass of bubbly before sitting down to a meal... tthink its much easier to do it this way. xx

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at 2pm (I wanted the day to last as long as it could!!), we are having small canapes whilst we are getting our pictures taken between 2.30pm and 3.30pm, a 3 course meal will be served at 5pm then there will be a buffet for all guests at 10pm

• kj82
    Beginner December 2010
    kj82 ·
    • Hide content

We are having a 5pm ceremony with hot buffet around 6pm for ceremony guests then cold buffet at around 8/8.30pm for everyone xx

• MsJackson78
    Beginner March 2010
    MsJackson78 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at 3.30pm we will then go to the venue with bucks fizz on arrival around 4.45pm. We will then be having our hot buffet about 6pm with 6 selections plus bread, rice, potaoes and salad, followed by desserts, selection of 8, and tea & coffee. We are having all of our guests come all day. To soak up some of the booze and stop further hungerpangs, altho with the amount of food that shouldnt be the case, but we are going to give out the cake around 9pm.

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

Gillsy, we're getting married at 2pm too, but havent arranged catering yet. just wondering, do you have anything planned for the gap between drinks reception and meal? Just trying to work out what time we should eat? Thanks.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics