Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs.K2b
Beginner August 2015

Those of you having a TOG and VOG

Mrs.K2b, 9 of November of 2014 at 12:54 Posted on Planning 0 8

Ok, slightly cheeky question, but how much are you paying for both? We already have our photographer booked, which is costing us £1200. I never wanted a videographer at the start, but after seeing a few sample videos at wedding fairs and online, I'm now really wanting one, and feeling like I'd regret it if I didn't. Trouble is that obviously to get a really good videographer, it's going to cost the same amount as the photographer!

Can I justify it?

8 replies

Latest activity by MRS RB, 9 of November of 2014 at 20:39
  • MartinC Photography
    MartinC Photography ·
    • Hide content

You're right. To hire an experienced professional VOG carrying the professional gear then you could easily be looking at the same amount of money, if not more.

However, just like photographer's you can get cheaper and more expensive. It's just about what value you put on the videography and the end results you expect. I've seen videography teams who arrive 3-4 strong with cameras and tripods everywhere and it drives the photographer nuts. Videography can be much more intrusive than photography. That said I was glad we had ours done last year when we got married.

I do offer an inexpensive videography service and I'm not far from your neighbourhood. Take a look at my website and get in touch if you'd like more information.

https://www.martincphotography.co.uk/videographer-nottingham/

Thanks

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

IMHO, if you can afford it, then the answer is yes.......

Peter

• Sparkly Bear
    Beginner October 2015
    Sparkly Bear ·
    • Hide content

We are having both! We booked the TOG first at £1700 to include Bridal & Groom prep through to first dance and cake cutting, then I decided I needed a VOG so that I could look back in years to come and see the day all over again, and especially hear us saying our vows! The VOG package too includes prep in the morning through to first dance etc and this is costing us £1000. It may seem a lot for both, but I am exceptionally happy with what both packages include and the extras we get. For me, I couldn't compromise on either of them and had to have the best packages they offered. It was something I felt very strongly about having! x

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the feedback, it's not something that we budgeted for, so have been looking at our budget to see where we could save some money here and there to free up a bit of cash to go towards a Videographer. I have been doing some research and having now seen a few sample videos on the internet, it's not hard to see the really good VOGs stand apart from the 'average' ones. We met a really nice one today at a wedding fair whose sample video was simply stunning, included 2 VOGs, coverage from prep to first dance, shortened highlights reel, 3 DVDs and web link to whole final edit, for £1300. He's local too, only about 15mins away from the venue and knows it well too.

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

We're having both. TOG is costing £1795 and VOG £2150.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

We are having both too. TOG is something like £1600 VOG is £800

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Its personnel preference really, what is more important to you, I know quite a few photographers that will not work with a videographer but we are all professionals and have to work around the other its just that when you get a new over excited videographer they can be a pain, had one this year that decided he wanted to be in as many photos as possible but you have to work round them plus a lot of editing to remove them and the cameras they have set up.

I would have a word with your photographer to see if 1: they will work with a videographer and 2: if they can recommend one they have worked with, the last thing you want is a photographer in your video and a videographer in your photos.

I am now doing these where the vows & speeches are recorded plus a bit of video added in in places. https://www.bruceneville.co.uk/photofilms/

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We're having both. Our videographers start price is the same as our Togs (£1495)

It's most definitely personal preference, but I think when done properly there is no substitute for full and rounded coverage by both a photographer and videographer. I could never imagine our day without both. And I say that as someone who just a couple of years ago was dead against it. I'd have a cheaper dress, no cake, flowers, honeymoon etc whatever it took to make it happen. The lasting memories are what we wanted to invest most heavily in, everything else that was perishable or wouldn't last beyond the day was a second thought for us x

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    MRS RB ·
    • Hide content

We're having both too, we've considered cancelling VOG in last few months but all our reasons for booking them in the first place are still there

VOG is £1000

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics