Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner April 2011

Those of you having bacon butties???

Pollyjean35, 2 March, 2011 at 10:26 Posted on Planning 0 11

I have decided to go with the bacon butties for my evening reception but have no idea how many to cater for, we are having 120 guests and my venue have suggested 2 rolls per person which would be 240 rolls........this seems an awful lot!

How many are you catering for?

11 replies

Latest activity by *Bea*, 2 March, 2011 at 20:25
  • Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

If I were catering for my friends i'd have ordered 180 - the women we know wouldn't have more than one in my lot but the men will want 2.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I would say it depends on the other food you're having during the day and what time the bacon rolls are being served.

If the day guests have had a big three course meal at, say, 4pm and the rolls are being brought out at 8pm, some people may not want anything. If, however, they're being brought out at 11pm, they may well be peckish!

Personally, I'd probably only go for one, as I'd think that it had been catered for as one per person. OH would probably only have one, but a lot of his mates would have two.

If the venue suggests two per person, I'd probably go for one and a half times your number of guests.

• Amour Occasions
    Amour Occasions ·
    • Hide content

Just remember if you have any veggies as well ?

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My venue have suggested to not cater for more than 75% of the numbers at the most as in their experience the day guests are still a bit full and the evening ones sometimes eat at home... I am having a mixture of bacon butties, sausage sandwiches and hot dogs (they're all the same price so they just said they'll do all three), but we're also having pie and peas in case some of the evening guests haven't ewaten and need something more consistent. As we only have about 25 evening guests extra from the day ones, it wasn't a problem. but we're definitely catering for 75%.

• justpeachy81
    Beginner October 2011
    justpeachy81 ·
    • Hide content

I have about 120 people at nighttime and will cater for about 180 as well, hopefully that'll be enough!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Mine have said that they will cook enough for maybe 50-75% of the guests, see how those go, and if any more are needed will just cook some more.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

My potential caterer said she will keep cooking as many as anyone wants! Said if we are eatin 3courses at 6 then bacon baps at 10ish - suggests most of day guests will go for 1, but evening guests possibly 2, so you could work it out that way.... ours would be 55-60 day possibly eating none or one, and another 40 potentially having 2 or more each.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

We are planning on bacon rolls and cheese on toasts- if we go for one each foor the day guests then we should have enough for our evening guests [ie 120 bits of food for 100 people?]

• A
    Beginner April 2011
    Angelgirlie ·
    • Hide content

Our evnues is being great with this. We are having bacon, sausage and a veggie buttie with cones of chips. (We are having the wedding breakfast at 5pm and this at about 9pm I reckon the days guests will want/need food by then) The venue have said they will make one for everyone then do more if they are needed. We are also serving mini cornish pasties (and some cheese and onion pasties) , rum butter with crackers and the wedding cake as dessert.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

If your venue is suggesting 2 per guest, then that to me suggests they are fairly small rather than a standard or large bacon butty. See if you can check how big they are, and make a decision on that. Then I would cater for about 80% of the total number of guests in the evening.

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Ours were massive! We catered for half the guests with rolls and half with buffett. The rolls were gone in the hour!

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

I think you definately need 1 per person with rolls as that is more specific than a buffet where you pick bits and pieces iykwim.

Also i think even if they day guests have eaten at 5 then they would still eat a roll at say 9/10 especially with dancing etc.

I'm not doing this but if i was i would cater for 2 per person as i would rather there be too much than not enough

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics