Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner January 2008

Those on a weight loss kick - Drinking water, a qq

niche79, 29 January, 2011 at 10:46 Posted on Planning 0 5

I am currently on a weight loss kick for the wedding and whilst I am doing ok (9lbs lost in just over 3 weeks) I know I am not drinking enough water, not just for weight loss but just in general as well.

I have been trying, but I just find it sooo boring ! So, I was looking at the sugar free flavoured sparkling waters during my weekly shop and they have practically 0 calories in them and a very low carb content (I think it was .8g/250ml serving). Is this sort of water ok to have as my 2 litres a day or does it have to be totally plain ??

Anyone with more of a clue than me about these sorts of things ??

Thanks

N x

5 replies

Latest activity by KEBO Jewellery, 30 January, 2011 at 14:30
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

The 8 glasses/2 litres a day is a classic example of misreporting of science in the media. Don't force yourself to drink water if you're not thirsty. You get almost all your recommended water intake from your food. But if you're thirsty, flavoured waters are going to be pretty much fine (although it obviously won't cure you of a sweet tooth)!

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS! If you are on a health kick chances are you are eating lots of fruit and veg which have a lot of water in them.

I dont really drink much water but I do have diluted cordial a lot as it much nicer to drink!

xxx

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

I can't drink water. I really don't like it (yep, I'm a freak!). I've been on the Dukan diet before which actually recommends drinking diet fizzy drinks as it is better to drink a diet fizzy drink than to not drink as it helps fill you up. Also fizzy drinks can help with the sweet tooth if like me you really struggle cutting back on chocolate & other yummy stuff.

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies, off to buy flavoured water I go then !!

And Panda, it is the Dukan diet I have been loosely following, without the oat bran as I cannot find it my local tesco !!!! But the basic low carb and low fat theory is what I have been trying to do just think that upping my water intake will generally help.

• MrsCase2013
    Beginner July 2013
    MrsCase2013 ·
    • Hide content

Tea and coffee also counts towards your daily water intake, which is good news for me!

• KEBO Jewellery
    KEBO Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I did a diet recently and the most important part was the water. It has been researched and for a healthy diet, you do not need to drink 2 litres as previously recommended as your food contains enough water. However, if you want to loose weight, 2 litres of water a day is meant to be important as it helps to flush the fat out of your body. I really noticed a difference in the weeks I dranks lots of water compared to those without the water.

Water also helps to curb hunger pains.

I also find it very hard to drink water. I always add a little drop of no added sugar squash and have it very cold, that seems to help me!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics