Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Those on cerazette - reviews?

14 May, 2012 at 09:23 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 21

As I am most definitely not pregnant and definitely not trying until August (if at all..) I'm off back on the pill. I was happy on yasmine but the doc took me off after I blabbed I used to have migraines at 12/13 and now he's put me on cerazette. I have a terrible history with the pill, making me fat and moody and miserable, and think I saw some of you are on this pill. Is it any good?

Thank you, WHO of Hitched!

21 replies

Latest activity by pandorasbox, 14 May, 2012 at 18:11
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Love, love, love it.

But this is purely down to the fact I no longer have periods (this isn't the case for everyone on Cerazette).

I do think it's lowered my sex drive a bit though. Weight wise, I'm plump because I eat a lot of cake I reckon.

• Sparkly Tyke
    Beginner March 2011
    Sparkly Tyke ·
    • Hide content

I used to be on cerazette and had no problems whatsoever with it - I loved the fact that I never had AF! I was also put on it after confessing to migraines and while I was disappointed at first to change, it actually worked out better for me.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I have heard good things about Jasmin - was it also a 'mini pill' type that you take every day, like Cerazete is?

My personal experience of Cerazete is bad though, bleeding all month, hormonal witch, moodswings. Hideous! Great contraceptive though - he'd not stand a chance of getting near me! I've had the same experience with all mini pills though but I'm not allowed to get the 'regular' type of pill where you take a break for a week, they seem much better!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I was put on the mini pill for the same reason. I was happy on yasmin but apparently it could give me a stroke. Booo.

Cerazette and I didnt get on at all. I put on a stone and developed acne. Am now on Micronor, but waiting to have the implant.

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Basically this - though I do have some breakthrough bleeding (sorry if TMI) perhaps about once every 3-6 months, for about 2 days.

Agree with the lowered sex drive. Agree with the cake eating. Smiley smile

• Aurora Borealis
    Beginner June 2013
    Aurora Borealis ·
    • Hide content

I tried the combined pill, which gave me migraines, then I tried cerazette and a different mini pill (Noriday I think?) which gave me breakthrough bleeding. I tried the copper coil which gave me ridiculously long, heavy periods, then I tried the mirena coil which actually gave me no problems but then I started getting abdominal pains. The doctor said it wasn't likely to be caused by the coil but after several months I decided to have it removed just to see if it was that. I then got the implant and it's amazing. I've had it for over a year and I've had 3 or 4 periods, much lighter. I would definately recommend it.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I had the menopause. No periods!

(Feel the irony)

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

Before i was on any pill i had the longest heaviest periods ever (sorry if TMI), they were horrid. Then I went on the first pill they stick you on which made me fat, REALLY emotional and then gave me migranes. So they put me on cerazette, I don't have periods at all anymore, ive maybe had two weeks combined the whole 4 years ive been on it. I don't get emotional anymore and I didnt put any wieght on (although I didnt lose any either, maybe it was the cakes not the original pill?) It really works for me, love it.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I hated it. The doctor put me on it after I had a cholesterol test which came up slightly high. I was really moody and tired. When I went back to see another doctor, they said I needn't have changed in the first place, so I went straight back onto the combined pill. Obviously suits everybody differently but I really hated it.

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

I love it. Like you I've tried lots of different things but Cerazette definitely works for me. No breakthrough at all since starting it. Not sure about the sex drive, think it's the same for me. And my weight hasn't changed cos I like eating!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Is there any pill that doesn't basically screw us up in some way? I am on norimin which is OK but some breakthrough bleeding, weight gain and NO sex drive. Poor OH. I need to change, so thought I would check this thread out. Maybe I will ask about Yasmin or Cerazette.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

What's the advantage with proceeding with a pharmaceutical product that messes with weight, spots, moods, bleeding and future health risks instead of swapping to another method like condoms? Many of you seem willing to go through an awful lot here simply to stay on the pill.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Just thought I'd add mine, my friend is on Cerazette and she has been through almost every pill going and she says its brilliant.

In response to FTLOMB, I just take the normal pill (Microgynon) and have never had any bad side effects, but I also had the worst periods and pain without to the point where I could hardly manage it, the pill makes them much shorter and lighter and relatively pain free (sorry if thats TMI). I think I must be one of the lucky ones who gets no side effects but I imagine a few people take it for the same reasons as me and think that the side effects are worth it

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

But the pill makes you fat, moody and miserable? Smiley smile For me, that sounds like a no-brainer but obviously, the choice is individual. I've always got on very well with the pill - it just strikes me that many persevere with it when there might be a far easier option. And condoms don't necessarily interrupt sexy time...

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Never thought of that, maybe I should be swapping him then!

I don't like condoms as I am very sensitive and even the anti-allergy latex free ones cause me agony, so it just isn't an option for me to go back to them. I don't want anything long lasting in my body such as injection or implant, so I for one have to keep on with the pill if I want to be able to control my periods and not risk pregnancy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics