Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vikster79
Beginner July 2011

Those using luggage tags for guest name tags?

Vikster79, 1 December, 2010 at 10:51 Posted on Planning 0 15

How are you printing on them, or are you writing? Just had a good idea about our favours but i cant find where i could buy them so want to do it myself, but wondered how i would print on a card luggage tag? Surely too small to go through printer?

Confuzzed ? and need help

15 replies

Latest activity by TheCakeNinja, 2 December, 2010 at 17:23
  • helsbels35
    Beginner
    helsbels35 ·
    • Hide content

Hi vikster,

Im doing this and think (I say think because i havn't researched yet!) Im going to buy stamps or transferable letters but don't know how costly and timely this will be with 65 people to the sit down!

Any other suggestions ladies?

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

*light bulb* moment! yes i hadnt thought of that, thanks so much im off to research.

Orginally found some on Etsy but didnt really want to spend that much

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I am not using labels, but if I were, I'd be looking to use a label printer and get sticky labels to co-ordinate with the tag colour or with your general theme.

Something like this:

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Can you buy luggage tags in A4 sheets that you then pop the tags out of? If you know what I mean?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Or you could print onto another colour card from a normal printer, cut them up and stick them on:

http://d200fahol9mbkt.cloudfront.net/item/3072881/DSCF0810.JPG

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I am using lower case typewriter stamps, it's gonna take me forever to do upto 160 tags but it's the look I want.

It will look like the bottom font -

• Pheonix
    Beginner August 2011
    Pheonix ·
    • Hide content

I'm using stamps, I bought some that clipped together to make it easier to get it straight, had to buy two sets as I needed more letters with them clipping together. This didn't occur to me until I bought the first lot though! ?

I bought them from ebay about £4 per set and they're really good

• avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking of luggage tags too, haven't got far enough to think about how I'm writing the naesm - think maybe get someone with nice cursive to do it?

But I found the tags on notonthehighstreet.com x

• N
    Beginner August 2011
    Noodle2Be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Could you give me the link to the stampers you're using, I've tried googling, but with no luck!

Thanks so much!

• Pheonix
    Beginner August 2011
    Pheonix ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLIP-TOGETHER-EASY-ALIGN-NUMBERS-RUBBER-STAMP-SET-/270557928535?pt=UK_Crafts_RubberStamping_RL&hash=item3efe825c57#ht_637wt_905

This is the seller and a numbers set she has, it may be worth sending her a message to see if she has more alphabet ones there were quite a few sets she may just not have relisted them yet

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking about this, and I think if you are going to do it. It HAS to be the proper old fashioned grey. hairy luggage tags. And you HAVE to handwrite them.

Personally I don't think they'd look good printed at all.

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    mrs_lewis_2b ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine does tags like this - she's just set up her own business - she may have something you are looking for or may tell you where to get it..

http://www.sweetestpear.co.uk/

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

? smacked wrists Mini! After a little play on the comp i think i will be making my own, i have some card that matches my invites/table plan etc and a nice font so i think i may have just solved my problem. But brilliant ideas from all, thanks.

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content

Hi Vickster, deffo have a go! Print your guests names on to a good quality paper using a grid template on word or similar so you can cut to the same size, then mount them onto your card, punch a hole and add a tie ?

Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics