Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Those who had / are going to have DIY jam jar centre pieces......

17 September, 2012 at 08:58 Posted on Planning 0 10

... when did you fill them? Was this left until the day? Did you get a florist to do it?

I really like the look, and had thought about doing it all myself to save money but not sure if it's going to be leaving too much to do at the last minute! I'm also worried they will look a bit 'nothingy' and get lost on big tables!!

Any flashes of your creations would be fab!

Thanks xx

10 replies

Latest activity by Sarah-March-2013, 26 September, 2012 at 18:01
  • Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

I'm having these - 4 per table with pillar candles. We (me, mum, CBM, aunty and friends) are making them up the day before and putting them on the tables on the morning of the wedding. I get married at 1:30pm so I'll be looking to decorate the tables at 9am - I'm staying overnight at my venue which makes things a lot easier. Im at work at the moment but Will try to flash you some pics of our practice runs later.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

We had sand and tea lights in ours. We had access to the venue the day before to set everything up.

• katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

Im doing this too epic, I have a florist doing the bouquets and button holes and was going to just go to the market the day before and put single stems in the jars but my lovely florist said shes go to the market for me as she would be going anyway and get me the flowers as she will get them cheaper. Im going to put them in the jars the night before and just transport them there in those big storage boxes.

Ive wrapped lace round some of the jars too and put in electronic tea lights for the night time ?

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

We had lace around little fruit juice type glasses, as DIY tealight holders.

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

We used a variety of jugs, jars & bottles but mostly old style milk bottles. My Mum & I put all the flowers in bottles the night before & we grouped them roughly in threes so they didn't get lost on the tables. They lasted really well. In fact one lone rose is still living (I have changed water a few times) & we got married on 8th Sept. I did pop a bit of flower food (been saving sachets off supermarket flowers)in water but think they would have been okay anyway.

A friend at work is neighbours with a florist who got us lovely selection of flowers, including lovely big roses, from wholesale market so got them for good price.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I bought a job lot of recycled jars and sprayed them all with Plasti-Kote glass frosting spray!

• Poppyseed
    Beginner July 2012
    Poppyseed ·
    • Hide content

We collect tin can's, like Baked Beans, Soup etc, washed dried them. Then covered them with fabric to match the Bunting. We had them in groups of 3, and as we had long trestle tables we allowed 4 groups of 3 per table of12, (if all that makes sense) Then our Florist filled them with mini hand tied bouquets on the morning.

At the Venue

Just finished covering!

• *Cloud9*
    Beginner August 2013
    *Cloud9* ·
    • Hide content

Poppyseed I love your tin can idea !! So effective Smiley smile

• Sarah-March-2013
    Beginner March 2013
    Sarah-March-2013 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having them with flowers in through the day (my florist is doing this for me), and at night with water and tea light candles. Here's a flash of a few I've done (now have about 40 made)...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics