Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Houdini
Beginner August 2010

Those with foot tattoo's (Hecate??)

Houdini, 24 of June of 2009 at 18:06 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

So after yesterday's photo share, I've gone and got a blister on mine today (bloody summer shoes, grr!). Should I put a plaster over it or what to do??

13 replies

Latest activity by Hecate, 25 of June of 2009 at 14:24
  • Hecate
    Beginner
    Hecate ·
    • Hide content

How new is the foot tattoo Rae?

If its more than say a month old you don't need to do anything different than you would to normal skin so treat the blister exactly how you would have done and disregard the tattoo.

If its new i.e. less than a month, I would use Sudocrem to help dry out the blister then Bepanthen cream to help the skin to heal quickly.

Funnily enough I don't know whether its different tattoist or different aftercare regime or a combination but my last lot (3 on foot and 3 on wrist) have healed quicker and better than my others

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Thought it was you I was after so thanks for replying!

It's about 6 months old so shall do as normal, although may put bepanthen on it anyway (now why didn't I think of that?). It just concerned me that it makes the tatt line look wibbly but I presume that's the blister distorting it more than 'damage' to it? It's the tiniest of blisters actually, just centered right on a line which is irritating. It's the others I should really be worried about I suppose as am doing a 13 mile charity walk on 4th July !!!

Thanks again for the reassurance.

• ashke_again
    Beginner
    ashke_again ·
    • Hide content

Compeed blister plasters are fab for curing the blisters.

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ashke - will give them a try!

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

Talking of foot tattoos - the only person I know who had one (a daisy chain - so a very delicate design) had a really rubbish healing process with it and it looked almost faded within a few weeks. Her artist said its because she wore shoes too soon afterwards and disrupted the healing, but someone else has said to her its because the skin on the foot is a lot thinner than say on the back/arm so the ink doesn't have as many layers to 'hold onto' so they don't last as long and are easily 'damaged' ...

What say you, foot tattooed ladies? I'm thinking about having my gecko done on my ankle and down onto my foot but have been put off by my friends experience....

Also - is it more painful because the skin is thinner and the foot more 'boney'??

Joflake - have you put your photos on the other tattoo thread? Would love to see the foot one!

Beginner September 2007
    **JustNat** ·
    • Hide content

I've got 2 foot tatts, one on each, of my childrens' footprints when they were 3 months old.

They were both VERY painful, and one was swollen for a few days afterwards, but I think as the tattooist was 'old school' he was a bit more brutal than the other one I've been to. I wouldn't say they've faded at all, and look amazing.

I'd definitely have it done, I love foot tatts ?

good luck

Natx

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

It was quite painful, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting so it can't have been too painful? I don't exactly have a high pain threshold either. It felt wierd when he did the bit near my toes as I could feel the vibrations down my toe bones! The bit nearest the ankle hurt the most!

Go on, do it! ?

• Hecate
    Beginner
    Hecate ·
    • Hide content

My tattoist said I had to be careful about what shoes I wore for the first couple of days - trainers with socks are ideal as little pressure on the top of the foot. Having said that its two weeks yesterday since my tattoos on my foot and they've healed really well. In fact I think those (and the wrist ones I had at the same time) are the best healing I've ever had so whether its a new tattoist or different regime I'm not sure.

But in terms of longevity of tattoo they should last as long as any other tattoo

Is it more painful? Probably the most painful I've had - it hurt like fecking hell. Not even the music of Slipknot could distract me! Having said that it wasn't unbearable and I managed. I'm getting another one on the other foot in a couple of weeks

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content

I demand to see photos people!!!

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Mine's on the other tattoo thread but I don't mind having to post again, I suppose... !! ?

You lot are making me want more tatt's! I love the idea of the children's footprints being tatto o'd on - that's gorgeous.

Am pleased you all say foot tattoo was the most painful - as I started here I should have nothing to fear for future tatts!

• Hecate
    Beginner
    Hecate ·
    • Hide content

Here's mine Sparkley - I lurve it a lot!

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content

They are fab!

I might get one done this weekend......! ?

• Hecate
    Beginner
    Hecate ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! I'm quite proud of them as I drew them nmyself. My sister has done all my previous ones (the drawing) but she's now in canada so I had to have a go myself. I'm chuffed with the result

What do you fancy getting? Just remember you'll need to check whether your tattoist is licensed to tattoo feet - as it needs a special qualification

The only problem is I'm no having to spend money on winter shoes so they'll still be seen ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics