Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mooshy
Beginner April 2014

Those with Manchester United supporting grooms

mooshy, 3 of December of 2013 at 17:37 Posted on Planning 0 5

So I sent off my request to Manchester United last week for a letter of congrats to give my OH for the wedding. I was expecting a generic letter with maybe a photocopied signature or something. I just got home from work and picked up the post and I'm amazed/surprised/delighted with what came. A card handwritten and signed by David Moyes, he even handwrote the envelope and sent me back my self addressed envelope. (I'd never say it to OH as he'd be unimpressed but I wonder if Fergie would've done this! Haha).

I have no idea why my pictures always come off upside down when they're mobile uploads and I'm too lazy to figure out how to turn them the right way up!

5 replies

Latest activity by lil_2014, 4 of December of 2013 at 14:29
  • jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

My OH is a big football fan (not man u) and that is a lovely idea, May have to steal that idea from you (sorry te he he) and see what happens.

• donnyette
    Beginner December 2016
    donnyette ·
    • Hide content

Me too. My OH is a MASSIVE man u fan.

What did you write to them if you dont mind me asking? Did you just ask them to send a congratulations for your wedding day? X

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

I stole the idea from quite a few other people so steal away haha. I wrote a short letter saying something along the lines of We are getting married on <date> and OH is a lifelong ManU fan and could they please send a letter of congratulations as it would be a wonderful surprise for him. Added our names and address and a stamped envelope and then I got this. Had a smug smile on my face all night and OH wants to know why, hehe.

• X
    Beginner May 2014
    xmichellewrightx ·
    • Hide content

Ohhhhhh my OH is a season ticket holder at man-u I think I need to do this for him!!! He'd love it! Xx

thankyou for this! Amazing idea x

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

With the speed of football management changes these days, I wonder how many will be still in the job when the wedding comes around....

btw, I am a Utd fan too and very unimpressed so far this year!!!!! Moyes will be given time, although at other clubs, they might not be so patient.....

• lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content

Jealous!!!

I got in touch with Chelsea and they bluntly turned me down saying all they could send was a pre-printed signed card! Really awful supporters relations!

Southampton didn't even come back to me Smiley sad

Well done though and I am glad you've got yours back.

Even if I have a dislike for the way Man U plays, I have to recognize is a great gesture and I dislike them a bit less now, hehe.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics