Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner June 2025 Cornwall

Thoughts on doing your own videography?

Fiona, 2 of July of 2024 at 06:02 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
My partner and I really love the idea of a GoPro being passed around on our day interviewing family members and being set up to record key moments like speeches and ceremony. Has anyone had experience of this? If so, what fun ideas did you have? We love the idea of seeing our wedding through the eyes of our loved ones. We love looking through videos of when we were younger and our parents dodgy filming!

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 3 of July of 2024 at 13:26
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

I have seen this done at a few weddings actually. But never thought about it enough to ask them afterwards how it all went.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It sounds like a fun idea, but I do wonder if you might have the same issues that used to arise with those disposable cameras that were such a feature of weddings 20 years ago - namely, the camera being hijacked by the silliest/most drunk guest, leaving you with a load of blurry footage and a lot of annoyed guests who have got fed up with being hassled by the camera-operator! So it might be worth thinking about your guest list and how they are likely to respond to the idea. (And maybe confiscate it after a couple of hours, while everyone is still relatively sober!!!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics