Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MissBee
Beginner

Thoughts on having only day guests - no additional in evening?

MissBee, 20 August, 2010 at 16:58 Posted on Planning 0 2

I'm pricing up venues at the moment and have a bit of a dilemma.

At our favourite venue, it's basically the same price to have either:

a) 130 guests for whole day - three course wedding breakfast at 6pm, no evening food, all guests would get reception drinks, wine with their meal and a toast drink

b) 100 day guests, who get wedding breakfast and the drinks as before, and an additional 30 in the evening, all 130 have hog roast later on

I think it might be nicer to have everyone there for the whole day, and those who would have been evening guests instead get to see the ceremony etc and get some drinks as well as a full three-course meal rather than hog roast.

Thoughts ladies? Which do you think would work better?

2 replies

Latest activity by lovelygirl, 20 August, 2010 at 17:06
  • jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

If it's near enough the same price I'd say have everyone for the whole day! It's much nicer to be invited to the whole day rather than just the evening. We're not having any additional in the evening, although it's mostly because our venue is about 2 hours drive away so couldn't ask people just for a few hours.

But yeah, I would personally say go for everyone there all day!

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

I am only having day guests, but this is in part due to me getting very tired in the evening and staying up late tends to make me ill! the decision is yours and whatever you feel happiest with... there is nothing to say you have to have evening guests

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics