Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner January 1999

Thoughts on lotto scratch cards as favours ??

Kilner, 11 of May of 2015 at 18:34 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all

What are peoples thoughts on scratch cards? Have seen some nice cards to present them in but not sure if it appears a bit tacky?

Would really like to hear of favour ideas which are simple and easy and won't get thrown away. I'm spending too much time on the internet looking for inspiration but to no avail !!

Thought scratch cards might be a bit of fun - maybe just for the men and something else for the ladies (sexist I know ! ).

Thanks.

7 replies

Latest activity by miss_winter14, 12 of May of 2015 at 08:53
  • Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I think their fine. Favours are likely to be left behind, even if their edible as least people are likely to get some entertainment out if a scratchy ( possibly win something) & then it can be discarded.

• L
    Beginner September 2016
    lpcr ·
    • Hide content

My sis had scratch cards at her wedding as favours didn't put them in holders and they went down a treat !

It's hard to know what to do without spending a fortune

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I imagine they'll go down well- people enjoy a little bit of a flutter, especially when it's not at their own expense.

Something to consider is how you'd feel if someone actually won. If you'd be gutted to see £10k potentially go to a +1, maybe best left alone ?

Also, it's personal preference of course, but I know that it offends lots of women when men are given "cool" things like scratch cards or alcohol miniatures and they're given things like soap or candles for example. Not that they'd say anything to you i'm sure but i've heard little birds nattering many a time! Perhaps you could do one per couple?

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I have seen this done quite a few times over the years and I remember one time out of the whole room of 100 there was only one person that won anything and that was £50, unless someone else won millions and they kept their lips sealed ?

But since they doubled the price I haven't seen any, its all well and good when we buy one for ourselves at £2 now but when you are dealing with a room full, £100 is now £200

• R
    Dedicated June 2016
    RachD90 ·
    • Hide content

I know local charities do scratch card or lottery things, not a huge jackpot but all the money from you buying the favours goes to the charity. My mum's work (hospice) does and i've heard other people saying that's what there doing.

• K
    Beginner January 1999
    Kilner ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your comments.

Yeah, still toying with the idea. I'll mull it over for a bit longer! ?

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

I echo the ladies feeling miffed sentiment.

if mr winter got one and i didn't i'd be mighty widdled off :/ lol

also LOVE the suggestion of charity ones, as then your guests know the money went to a specific good cause which is great Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics